GPU hotspot temp in excess of 100 degrees - 3070 ti

octopus67

I've noticed that my 3070 ti (MSI Ventus, 3 fans) hotspot temps seem to be hitting some really high numbers. In particular, there can be as much as a 30 degree delta between my GPU temp and the hotspot temp. The card is undervolted slightly for reference. 

The highest I've seen the hotspot temp go is 103 degrees whilst my GPU temp was around 65-70 (underload). The hotspot temp will climb very quickly and does not increase all that linearly with the GPU temp more generally (e.g., temps could be 60/100 or 70/103).

Is that normal or should I be concerned?

The hotspot is probably memory, the memory on there is rated to something like 115C, so I wouldn't be sweating bullets if the flu core temps are under control.

34 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

The hotspot is probably memory, the memory on there is rated to something like 115C, so I wouldn't be sweating bullets if the flu core temps are under control.

GPU hotspot reading only consists of GPU die, VRAMs are not included unless they are part of the GPU die [even then I am not sure if they actually would be].

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

9 hours ago, Levent said:

GPU hotspot reading only consists of GPU die, VRAMs are not included unless they are part of the GPU die [even then I am not sure if they actually would be].

Oh that's good to know. My 2060 runs in excess of 102°C on its hotspot while the core is at around 81-83°C and the difference between hotspot and GPU core is 17°C on average under load and 12°C on average in idle. I think it will benefit from a re-paste. The GPU in my gaming laptop reaches a max of 97°C on the hotspot. But the core temp was at 87°C, so that is a perfect example of how it should be