OBS doesn't have AMD hardware encoder listed ?

So I'm hoping someone could help. I've been googling with poor to no results. Is there a way to get AMD hardware encoding onto OBS. It only shows Nvidias version and software(CPU). I would like to utilize my new AMD GPU for streaming. 

1 minute ago, Korwynias said:

I would like to utilize my new AMD GPU for streaming. 

What GPU do you have? Don't say RX 6500 XT.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

You will have to use FFMPEG VAAPI for AMD.

• OBS-Studio
    • Settings
      • Output
        • Output Mode -> Advanced
        • Encoder -> FFMPEG VAAPI
        • VAAPI Device -> ___YOUR_GPU__

1 hour ago, MadAnt250 said:

What GPU do you have? Don't say RX 6500 XT.

Close, RX 6600 XT. (CPU: 7 5800X, 32Gb3200RAM)

31 minutes ago, Nayr438 said:

You will have to use FFMPEG VAAPI for AMD.

• OBS-Studio
    • Settings
      • Output
        • Output Mode -> Advanced
        • Encoder -> FFMPEG VAAPI
        • VAAPI Device -> ___YOUR_GPU__

Yea that was one of the google search results but turned out poor. Fuzzy. I thought there was something better ?

5 minutes ago, Korwynias said:

Yea that was one of the google search results but turned out poor. Fuzzy. I thought there was something better ?

This is the primary way of handling encoding with AMD. I have however seen reports of AMD's Media Framework being available with AMDGPU-PRO.

AMDGPU-PRO is primarily for the Workstation, there are some tradeoffs between the two which could result in a degraded experience.

A quick google search shows a community member has made a write up of what that involves, as well as using both drivers side by side, it is however targeted at Manjaro and Arch Linux.

5 minutes ago, Nayr438 said:

This is the primary way of handling encoding with AMD. I have however seen reports of AMD's Media Framework being available with AMDGPU-PRO.

AMDGPU-PRO is primarily for the Workstation, there are some tradeoffs between the two which could result in a degraded experience.

A quick google search shows a community member has made a write up of what that involves, as well as using both drivers side by side, it is however targeted at Manjaro and Arch Linux.

Is it bad to have both drivers? Not sure if I can follow that but I will try.

9 minutes ago, Korwynias said:

Is it bad to have both drivers? Not sure if I can follow that but I will try.

Because of how the AMD Graphics Stack is implemented, AMDGPU-PRO actually sits on top of AMDGPU so that's entirely fine. The main problem you will likely run into is applications picking a implementation that is less suited for the scenario. For instance Steam Proton picking AMDVLK instead of RADV for Vulkan, which could possibly lead to a worse experience. A way around this to define environment exports https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Vulkan#Switching_between_AMD_drivers

20 hours ago, Nayr438 said:

Because of how the AMD Graphics Stack is implemented, AMDGPU-PRO actually sits on top of AMDGPU so that's entirely fine. The main problem you will likely run into is applications picking a implementation that is less suited for the scenario. For instance Steam Proton picking AMDVLK instead of RADV for Vulkan, which could possibly lead to a worse experience. A way around this to define environment exports https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Vulkan#Switching_between_AMD_drivers

Would arch linux stuff work with Pop_OS? Even though I've been using Linux for years there is a ton I still don't understand. Plus, a lot of instructions I find online tend to overwhelm me. Like not simplified enough or lacking in explanation of whats going on.