Nvidia 3D (Laptop, 780m)

Rackneh

Hey all,

I got a "new" laptop recently, it has the thick active 3D glasses, the demo slides and the animation in the Nvidia Control Panel work fine and look great. But whenever I try to run games it doesn't pick up the 3D most of the times.

I use the 3D Fix Manager, but for the games that it just doesn't pick up like BO2 I installed the fix manually. 
A good example I think is how GTA 5 went, It will revert the 3D stereo option to off almost every time. Then I try the 10th time and it's on ON but I don't see any depth. I managed to start it in a way that I could see the depth but when I restarted it was gone again.

DMC 4 is another one that I tried, the demo pic looks great but with and without the fix it just doesn't work.
I don't do anything before the beep of the fix but nothing, F10 makes a beep but nothing happens, f1-3 also don't do anything to the UI depth.

I also didn't get Crysis 2, NFS 1 and OW to work.

Please tell me there's someone here who know what I'm doing wrong! I would love to use the 3D for movies and games.

Never used it. I do recall nvidia dropping the software from the driver package, but looking at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_3D_Vision it is a complete drop of support after a time. You might need to use older drivers to use it.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

6 minutes ago, porina said:

Never used it. I do recall nvidia dropping the software from the driver package, but looking at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_3D_Vision it is a complete drop of support after a time. You might need to use older drivers to use it.

Yeah I'm using the driver others recommended