Kingston Fury Best DDR 6000 2 x 16 stuck at 4800MHz

arminro
Go to solution Solved by SupaKomputa,

12th gen memory compatibility is still a work in progress, so make sure you update the firmware.

Additional PC parts:
- nr200p with mesch panels

- asus rog strix z690 gaming wifi-i

- intel i9-12900

- arctic liquid freezer 2 280, with the lower part of the pump removed for compatibility

Hi,
I bought the ram kit in the title and according to the official specifications, it supports RAM speeds close to 6000 MHz. Mine, however, is stuck at the specified defualt JEDEC speed of 4800 on XMP profile 1. I tried to set it manually, but my PC would not post, even at 5200, so I only tried setting different XMP profiles afterwards. The sticks are stuck at 4800 even at XMP 2 andi Interestingly, I do not see any XMP 3 listed in the motherboard bios (not that it would support 6000 MHz anyway). I set my motherboard to defaults except for the XMP change, same result.

Could anybody help me with what am I doing wrong? Next thing I'm going to try is flashing the BIOS for the latest version, but apart from that I'm out of ideas.

12th gen memory compatibility is still a work in progress, so make sure you update the firmware.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 hour ago, SupaKomputa said:

Thank you, that was it!. Refreshed the bios with the ASUS bios tool and after several restarts during the bios update process, when I chose the xmp profile my ram clocs automatically jumped to 6000 MHz, no further problems.

Well, now I seem to experience sound issues. I could not point out the exact error yet, but speech appears to be distant in videos that previously run fine. Not over the internet, but anything that I play from the machine. Can this happen after a BIOS update?

UPDATE
It is happening over streaming platform like Netflix, but not through YouTube. Frequency issue maybe?

It seems that it was the logitech software I1m using with my headphone. Don't know why it started acting up, but after a reinstall, my sound was working fine again. Just posting here in case somebody has a similar situation.