Nforce 790i Ultra Sli

I happened to be going around my parents patio when i found a pretty strange motherboard from around 2008

My father had built this computer god knows when, i found a CPU inside of it that says Intel 06 QX9770 Extreme, from what I can see its a board that back in the day supported SLI, if anyone can find any information on this board, Im pretty sure it still works but Im not sure. If anyone can find information on this board that'd be helpful

20220522_082153.jpg

20220522_082144.jpg

20220522_082140.jpg

20220522_082132.jpg

Evga 790i SLI

https://www.anandtech.com/show/2482/3

Absolutely 10/10 board for its era, this was designed for 3 way GTX 280 SLI or 2 way (4 way) GTX 295 SLI.

To compare this to a modern board, this is the 2008 equivalent of those 1000$ Z690 boards that come with LN2 oriented overclocking features.

As well the QX9770 is the absolute peak of LGA 775, still fetching 150-300$ used today, and better for proven silicon as many of them can hit 5.2ghz on water. Even the worst ones can easily tap the 5ghz mark which was batshit for 2008/2009.

Cool find, I would get it all cleaned up, put one hell of a cooler on it, a few gtx 280’s and make a dope windows vista build.

Thats top of the line hardware back in 2008/9

The board is meager for fsb oc, great collectors board for retro builds but nothing more, an REX or giga EP45 will trounce on that thing fsb overclock wise

That cpu is still like 100$+ nowadays so good to sell if you are not interested in 775 ocing shenanigans, qx has unlocked multi so good for garbage tier boards with no fsb adjustment or terrible fsb capability, though nowadays theyre just cpu freq world records or collector items, quads arent great for fsb as going over 500 is a challenge so that explains why qx is so sought after for xoc

775 is just an overclocking shenanigans platform nowadays with little practical use other than ultrabudget office and (retro) gaming, so dont bother unless you wanna play around with retro gaming and overclocking

personally i screw around with 775 cause its fun to run stupid ocs, unfortunately my cpu cooling is garbage so my e8400 only does a meager 4.4ghz ~1.45v fully stable and 4.7ghz bench stable ~1.5v (pretty meh chip too), though i can get my extreem dark 1066 c6 to 1520mhz 7-9-6-9 (noice) 2.38v on my bios modded p5q. The most sought after boards on this platform for all i know are giga ep45 and asus REX along with their lower end x38/48 (particularly p5e3 premium) since theyre great at ocing

To further detail this, this board supports ddr3 2000, in 2008. Even 1866mhz DDR3 wasn’t relevant for regular consumers until haswell was a thing 5 years later. 
Adjusted for inflation it’s close to 500$ for the motherboard, and the processor is around 2200$. Original pricing in 2008 being 360$ for the board and 1650$ for the qx9770, it’s some super high end stuff.

Depending on what you want to do with this hardware determines what steps to take first. Just know that you’re handling some very valuable hardware even by todays resale value, it’s collectible stuff now, and very desirable.

Thats interesting thank you for the info!