Need a 1000ish laptop Recommendation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey I need a 1000ish laptop recommendation 

This is going to be used at networking, will use lot of vm, and some light amount of gaming

Here are some things I wold loved to see

- good keyboard 

- solid display

- 15 or more display size 

- 16 or more ram

- "THIN"

2018 15" Macbook Pro

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | 2021 16" M1 Max MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  64GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference RX 6800  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6800XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |

8 minutes ago, Action_Johnson said:

2018 15" Macbook Pro

hey thanks, is there any windows laptop options, I think some softwares does not run on Mac OS

and it is a little bit overpriced 

Is there a particular reason you want an OLED? OLED screens are going to cost more and generally are going to have higher battery drain and unless you are going to be using it for art, there isn't going to be a huge benefit at the 1k USD price point. At 1k USD, you are trading specs for having an OLED screen. HP Victus has some good offerings at the price point without OLED, but do have 144hz panels which you will see more of a benefit from. 

5 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Is there a particular reason you want an OLED? OLED screens are going to cost more and generally are going to have higher battery drain and unless you are going to be using it for art, there isn't going to be a huge benefit at the 1k USD price point. At 1k USD, you are trading specs for having an OLED screen. HP Victus has some good offerings at the price point without OLED, but do have 144hz panels which you will see more of a benefit from. 

I just heard that it is good, that's why I put it in, if led is not something I want what would be good 

thanks,

13 minutes ago, Kalindu said:

I just heard that it is good, that's why I put it in, if led is not something I want what would be good 

thanks,

OLED is great for TVs, and doing color critical work, it has bright vibrant colors and perfect blacks, but you pay a premium for it. At 1k USD, I would focus on getting the best internals you can and a high refresh rate panel vs OLED. I personally have a preference for brightness around 300nits peak. I have good eyes so when the screen is at 500+ nits, I find it eye-searingly bright, so unless you plan on being outside in bright sun most of the time, an LCD panel with 300nit brightness will be fine.

2 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

OLED is great for TVs, and doing color critical work, it has bright vibrant colors and perfect blacks, but you pay a premium for it. At 1k USD, I would focus on getting the best internals you can and a high refresh rate panel vs OLED. I personally have a preference for brightness around 300nits peak. I have good eyes so when the screen is at 500+ nits, I find it eye-searingly bright, so unless you plan on being outside in bright sun most of the time, an LCD panel with 300nit brightness will be fine.

thanks a lot learned something,

will there be some recommended models