3060ti troubles

bman2020p

Hi I just replaced my 2060super with a ASUS 3060ti and I feel like there has not been a difference in the frame rate or quality of the games I play (BF2042, Warzone) for battle field I sit around 60fps and for warzone I am up round 110 these are very similar to the frame rates that I had gotten before so if anyone has any suggestions they would be welcome. (PC specks-  Asus PRIME Z390-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard/G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory/EVGA B5 650 W 80+ Bronze power supply/ ASUS 3060 Ti/ CPU I9 9600k

You forgot to say what CPU you had. This does sound like a CPU bottleneck, but I wouldn't know without knowing what CPU you had.

Either way, monitor CPU (per core) and GPU usages with something like MSI Afterburner. If one core is at or near 100%, it's a CPU bottleneck. If your GPU is at 100%, something else is up.

1 minute ago, bman2020p said:

sorry my cpu is an I9 9600K

That CPU should be enough, but I've heard of Warzone being pretty tough on the CPU so it might be the issue. Monitor CPU per core usage and GPU usage to see. Also, it's worth monitoring CPU and GPU clock speeds as well, since one of them could be downclocking, causing this problem.

Just now, RONOTHAN## said:

That CPU should be enough, but I've heard of Warzone being pretty tough on the CPU so it might be the issue. Monitor CPU per core usage and GPU usage to see. Also, it's worth monitoring CPU and GPU clock speeds as well, since one of them could be downclocking, causing this problem.

I think I was able to fix it, I think it was my ram so I went into bios and boosted the clock speed and it is running A LOT better now. so i think i might just have it get another two stick of ram. Also thank you very much for the help and i am going to monitor everything more thoroughly for the next few days as well

27 minutes ago, bman2020p said:

so i think i might just have it get another two stick of ram

That shouldn't really help performance that much. If you didn't have XMP enabled, that's probably what the issue was.