CPU losing perfomance under load

CrAzY156

Hello, im currently using an I7-4770k

The chip is not OCed but the turbo is turned on

The base clock is 3.5GHz but i get up to 3.8GHz on idle during turbo

However the clock speed drops to as low as 3.0GHz while im ingame and causes major fps drops,

Is there anyway to fix this issue? with bios or w.e?

Ive attacted 2 screen shots.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Get hardware monitor and check your CPU temps. The only reason a CPU should be dropping speeds is because its running too hot and is trying to not cook itself. Also called thermal throttling. Open hardware monitor and you will notice a min max. Start up the game. play for a minute then check temps. Or just run a cinabench test for like 5-10 minutes and watch the thermals.

Edit: keep hardware monitor running when doing these test so it can record the data.

19 minutes ago, FalseControl said:

Get hardware monitor and check your CPU temps. The only reason a CPU should be dropping speeds is because its running too hot and is trying to not cook itself. Also called thermal throttling. Open hardware monitor and you will notice a min max. Start up the game. play for a minute then check temps. Or just run a cinabench test for like 5-10 minutes and watch the thermals.

Edit: keep hardware monitor running when doing these test so it can record the data.

My temps are 58 on idle and 84 on load

2 minutes ago, CrAzY156 said:

My temps are 58 on idle and 84 on load

Ok a few questions. What's the case cooler and how many fans do you have on the case and how loud are the fans when its under load.

20 minutes ago, FalseControl said:

The only reason a CPU should be dropping speeds

Power limit throttling is also a possibility if the power limits are set too low in the bios. Best to run HWINFO. It can report about a dozen different reasons for throttling. 

12 minutes ago, FalseControl said:

Ok a few questions. What's the case cooler and how many fans do you have on the case and how loud are the fans when its under load.

im using stock intel cooler and the side panel for the case is off with 1 case fan to the rear

16 minutes ago, unclewebb said:

Power limit throttling is also a possibility if the power limits are set too low in the bios. Best to run HWINFO. It can report about a dozen different reasons for throttling. 

is there anything i should look out for in HWInfo?

Hello do this it will solve your issue. Run then type Service there pull down the slide at last you will see Update windows open it and close their service. Other go to device manager just click on any hard then at top click Add legacy Hardware then at last click on System device Next then slide down click Microsoft see other small window with that there Ecpnode Next then finish. 3rd run type Temp enter window will appear select all and delete them. Again but this time %temp% do the same procedure. Do it and let me know.