How to root Samsung SM-J600G

Actually my main goal is to intall a custom rom to the phone (Its the same rom but the Europe version) and I think I need to root it to get started.

So how can I do this rooting/custom stuff?

Thanks.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

16 minutes ago, Erakres said:

I think I need to root it to get started.

Nope, usually if you're doing one, you're doing both, but I've run phones with a rooted stock ROM and I've run phones with an unrooted custom ROMs. You don't need to do one in order to do the other. 

The first and most crucial step will be to unlock the bootloader. There are a lot of phones where it's impossible to do (mainly carrier unlocked models but there are others as well), so this would be the first thing that you have to do. There are a ton of tutorials on how to do it, find one of those and follow it. https://tweakdroid.com/bootloader/samsung-galaxy-j6-sm-j600g-j6lte/

After the bootloader is unlocked if it can be unlocked, you need to find the ROM you're planning on using and see what it recommends you use. Some want the stock recovery image, some want TWRP, some want something else. Back on my Nexus 5X I needed to flash a vendor image pulled from Google's website for some of the ROMs I wanted to use. If the ROM is properly made, it should have instructions for what you need to do. Most of the time you plug it into a computer (make sure device drivers and ADB are installed), and flash it to the phone by copying and pasting a couple commands.