pc black screen, when rebooting gets stuck

lojziczech

The system started randomly showing black screens that wouldn't go away until you hard shut down the pc after it would work. Three months later, I showed "your pc did not start correctly". It would start in safe mode but after some time it didn't work too. I did complete reinstall including completely wiping all drives and reinstalling windows from DVD created using media creation tool it worked for about 30 seconds then black screen pc reset when windows was loading wheel under windows logo stopped another black screen. it went like this 3 times andthen went back to "your pc did not start correctly" and I don't know what to do next. Also booting from the dive before reinstalling on another machine worked without a problem.

HP elite 7300 Series MT

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM (1333 MHz) non-ECC 16GB (4 x 4GB)

1x 3.5 in, 7200 rpm, 3.0 Gb/s SATA (NCQ, SMART) 1TB storage

1x samsung 2.5 in evo 500gb ssd boot drive

nvidia gtx 570 made by gigabyte added aftermarket after original card failed

ace power 600w power supply

edit: if it helps I noticed that under solid capacitors on GPU it looks like they are leaking

20220522_084525.jpg

and here is a video of what it's doing  

bez signálu is in czech and means no signal

Randomness of the issue sounds like a possible RAM issue.  Also, it's very easy to troubleshoot.  If you haven't already, try removing 3 memory sticks leaving only 1 stick in BANK 1.  If the problem repeats, replace that 1 stick in BANK 1 with a different memory stick.  If the problem continues, it's likely not a RAM issue but it's a good place to start.

10 hours ago, msconfig said:

I'm not an expert, but the randomness of the issue sounds like a possible RAM issue.  Also, it's very easy to troubleshoot.  If you haven't already, try removing 3 memory sticks leaving only 1 stick in BANK 1.  If the problem repeats, replace that 1 stick in BANK 1 with a different memory stick.  If the problem continues, it's likely not a RAM issue but it's a good place to start.

I tried it, but it didn't work the same issue with all 4 sticks

Looks like you've identified the issue.  Someone else suggested this to me which helped isolate a different GPU issue I had, so I'll pass on the suggestion.  Swap out the GPU with a known good one to confirm the issue is coming from the card.  If you don't have a GPU available, get a cheapo to test with, then, regardless of the results you can keep it indefinitely for any future testing or as a backup in a pinch for any future GPU failures.

Here's the one I bought for about $17 from eBay which had confirmed a GPU issue I had... there were cheaper ones out there, but this one has an HDMI port, and to me it's worth a few extra dollars for the convenience of matching I/O:
LENOVO AMD Radeon HD 8570 1GB GDDR3