Probably spam on the "Now The Real Work Begins" video

msknight

I did, probably as many have done, commented, "F for Dan" on the recent video and got a reply from "Text on Telegram -> LinusTechTips8" saying I'd won a prize. Well, I don't have telegram, so that's stuffed for a start, 🙂 but I was wondering about the fastest way to let LMG know of that comment and that the LTT logo is being used. I mean, I've already e-mailed the generic info@ e-mail address, but... is there any other way that could get this in front of someone eyes at LMG quicker? 

Just now, Caroline said:

Just don't take the bait and report the comment, there's not much to do besides that.

It just felt a bit odder than usual, because I seem to be the only one to have received that reply. Well, I looked through a fair chunk of comments, although obviously not all of them. I would have expected a spammer/scammer to have hit more than one person who commiserated for Dan getting the blame!

Extremely common scam on YT. Just report it and move on. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Extremely common scam on YT. Just report it and move on. 

OK - I hadn't seen it before. It's reported. Moving on ....

11 minutes ago, msknight said:

I did, probably as many have done, commented, "F for Dan" on the recent video and got a reply from "Text on Telegram -> LinusTechTips8" saying I'd won a prize. Well, I don't have telegram, so that's stuffed for a start, 🙂 but I was wondering about the fastest way to let LMG know of that comment and that the LTT logo is being used. I mean, I've already e-mailed the generic info@ e-mail address, but... is there any other way that could get this in front of someone eyes at LMG quicker? 

Standard operating procedure for YouTube at this point. Tis what happens when a platform focuses on profit driving features instead of ensuring they have an effective way of enforcing their own community guidelines and Terms of Service. Report the comments and move on, or simply pretend the comments don't exist since they're mostly full of garbage these days anyway.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Just now, kirashi said:

or simply pretend the comments don't exist 

Surely not! Dan must be made aware of the strong feeling of support for him 😄