5600 or 5600X?

Just a quick question, I’m building a PC for a mate, should i go for the 5600X 199 € (~210.06 $) or the 5600 for 194 € (~204.78 $)? Normally I would just go for the 5600 but they are just so similar in price...

The X model has a higher clock speed. For 5 bucks extra, might as well go for the higher clocked X model.

Gamer's nexus tests showed that the performance is near identical. 

as you can see, you're paying extra for a letter. It's not going to provide a different experience.

I'd sooner spend 5€ on lunch

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Performance will be identical, though with the 5600X, odds are you won't have to do a BIOS update to get it working while you likely would with the non-X. I'd flip a coin, they're both fine CPUs. It's basically whether you want to deal with BIOS flashback or get $5 for something else.

For 5 bucks? It would bother me if I didn’t get the X lol.. but that could just be me. 

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's