Is my graphics card the problem?

grim9x8

Specs: Cpu intel i7-4790k   Gpu: a reference gtx 980 ti   Mother board: msi Krait edition    ram : 8x2g of ddr3 corsair vengeance   Psu: Evga 1000w gold power supply. windows 10

Hello, my computer is about 7 years old at this point and has been through several factory resets and issues, but recently blue screens (whea_uncorrectable error) have become too regular.

it will blue screen about every couple hours with no real pattern to it. if I hard reset (a full off and on) it should go another couple of hours, but if I just let it restart itself it could only be accouple of minutes.

Symptoms: frequent blue screening (whea_uncorrectable error)

Trouble shooting ive: done: ive ran "c cleaner", "check disk", "memory diagnostic", updated every driver I could find, I attempted to reset my computer and install a fresh windows using the in built reset in windows 10, but it always errors and wont reset.

I've removed one ram stick at a time and the computer still crashed with both individual sticks.
HERES where my title comes from I have removed my gpu and am currently using integrated graphics, and I haven't been crashing. 

should this be enough for me to consider buying a replacement card or should i try other things? 
thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, grim9x8 said:

Specs: Cpu intel i7-4790k   Gpu: a reference gtx 980 ti   Mother board: msi Krait edition    ram : 8x2g of ddr3 corsair vengeance   Psu: Evga 1000w gold power supply. windows 10

Hello, my computer is about 7 years old at this point and has been through several factory resets and issues, but recently blue screens (whea_uncorrectable error) have become too regular.

it will blue screen about every couple hours with no real pattern to it. if I hard reset (a full off and on) it should go another couple of hours, but if I just let it restart itself it could only be accouple of minutes.

Symptoms: frequent blue screening (whea_uncorrectable error)

Trouble shooting ive: done: ive ran "c cleaner", "check disk", "memory diagnostic", updated every driver I could find, I attempted to reset my computer and install a fresh windows using the in built reset in windows 10, but it always errors and wont reset.

I've removed one ram stick at a time and the computer still crashed with both individual sticks.
HERES where my title comes from I have removed my gpu and am currently using integrated graphics, and I haven't been crashing. 

should this be enough for me to consider buying a replacement card or should i try other things? 
thanks in advance.

Possible - With the apparent age it has I'd first clean out the card of dust and whatnot just in case it's overheating and try it.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

Just now, Beerzerker said:

Possible - With the apparent age it has I'd first clean out the card of dust and whatnot just in case it's overheating and try it.

ive been keeping an eye on it with corsair link i don't think its a temp issue. Thank you. 

22 hours ago, grim9x8 said:

ive been keeping an eye on it with corsair link i don't think its a temp issue. Thank you. 

Bear in mind sensors can lie and probrably woudn't hurt to at least blow it out anyway.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

4 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

Bear in mind sensors can lie and probrably woudn't hurt to at least blow it out anyway.

True! For the time I have reinstalled my gpu in a different slot ran DDU and reinstalled my drivers. nothing certain but I haven't crashed yet, ill update the post if anything else manifests for anyone looking for solutions 5 years from now.

7 years is a bit short but then again modern gaming cards certainly aren't built with longevity in mind 

you could try to repaste it or otherwise just get a new card if possible

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer