First "real" PC for my Girfriend

_Omega_

Budget (including currency): <1000€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Mostly easy to run games like Sims but maybe some more demanding games, like maybe Elden Ring, in the future. Also, some photo editing in Lightroom, but nothing to demanding. 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Me and my girlfriend wanted to build a PC for her for a long time, so I thought now would be a good time to finally do it. I just want do part something together that is good price to performance. I’ve gone for the Ryzen because a have a spare Wraith Prism laying around which should cool the 5600 quite well.

I haven’t decided jet if I want to go for a RTX 3060 (maybe the ASUS RTX 3060 Phoenix for around 420€) or the RX 6600 XT like shown in the build.

Maybe you find some things I could do better for getting the best price to performance.

Sorry for just providing a screenshot, but pcpartpicker just does not work to well for Germany.

image.thumb.png.56acb2881dbe2497af1c6eebaefd1611.png

12 minutes ago, _Omega_ said:

Budget (including currency): <1000€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Mostly easy to run games like Sims but maybe some more demanding games, like maybe Elden Ring, in the future. Also, some photo editing in Lightroom, but nothing to demanding. 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Me and my girlfriend wanted to build a PC for her for a long time, so I thought now would be a good time to finally do it. I just want do part something together that is good price to performance. I’ve gone for the Ryzen because a have a spare Wraith Prism laying around which should cool the 5600 quite well.

I haven’t decided jet if I want to go for a RTX 3060 (maybe the ASUS RTX 3060 Phoenix for around 420€) or the RX 6600 XT like shown in the build.

Maybe you find some things I could do better for getting the best price to performance.

Sorry for just providing a screenshot, but pcpartpicker just does not work to well for Germany.

image.thumb.png.56acb2881dbe2497af1c6eebaefd1611.png

dang man must be serious.. i kid

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

2 minutes ago, _Omega_ said:

Well after over 5 years it should better be serious

my x got a laptop from walmart and would not let me format it so the bloatware was gone... and didn't seem to care to have a pc so... i attempted to disable some of it but some was still on there...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

7 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

my x got a laptop from walmart and would not let me format it so the bloatware was gone... and didn't seem to care to have a pc so... i attempted to disable some of it but some was still on there...

just be persistent, it took me some years 😄

51 minutes ago, _Omega_ said:

spare Wraith Prism laying around

Anyone who's tried to cool a 5600 with one has a spare laying around, that'd be my only criticism.

28 minutes ago, _Omega_ said:

Well after over 5 years it should better be serious

5 years and you've not built her a PC, not that serious obviously 😛

your build is fairly good, there isnt alot i can "Fix" but ill try
- you can switch 5600 for 5600x or 5800x 
- your gpu is good, it is way better than 3060 although if you can find a good deal on 6700xt or 3070 go with that instead
-you seem to be missing a case if you need suggestions for cases ill be glad to give you some although its mostly up to preferance as long as it fits everything (you will want either ATX mid tower, or ATX full tower to fit your MBD)
-you could get away with a 450w psu, 500w recommended, 650w is way overspecced unless you are planning to do upgrades in the near future
-you could go with a less powerfull ssd with more storage, some larger games like Elden ring take up gigs of space, 1tb may be enough but i would go with 2tb just to be safe 
even without these "upgrades" the build you have here is a good build, it should run everything you need it to fairly decently

• 3 weeks later...

Budget (including currency): ~1000€ 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming and light photo editing  

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Tk2npH

For the Cooler ill use a “wraith prism” I have laying around and for the case I’ll go with the "LC-Power 711MB Nightbreak_X".

Any recommendations for improvement?

PS: The prices of PCPartPicker are way of for Germany so don’t go by that when something that I picked is more expensive that something else.

Just now, Pixelfie said:

Looks great, but please get a different PSU. This should help.

It’s a B tier for a midrange setup... even dough it’s a low priority unit on the Tier list, shouldn’t it be fine?

27 minutes ago, _Omega_ said:

It’s a B tier for a midrange setup... even dough it’s a low priority unit on the Tier list, shouldn’t it be fine?

I thought it was worse. Anyway, try getting a tier A if possible. If not the Seasonic one should do the job.

46 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

I thought it was worse. Anyway, try getting a tier A if possible. If not the Seasonic one should do the job.

I get your point, but I think I go for the Seasonic one, the components shouldn’t pull more than 450 W so I still have 200 W headroom. I think it should work just fine… and I am really at the limit of 1000 € or maybe I wait a day or two and see if I can get a deal on a better one…

@Pixelfie i could spend a bit more for a "DeepCool DQ650-M-V2L 650W" which is an "normal" B-Tier in the Tier list

1 hour ago, _Omega_ said:

@Pixelfie i could spend a bit more for a "DeepCool DQ650-M-V2L 650W" which is an "normal" B-Tier in the Tier list

If it's like 5 more you could do it but not if it's more

2 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

If it's like 5 more you could do it but not if it's more

Its like 8 bucks more, but its also 80 plus gold, modular and has 5 years more warranty 

2 minutes ago, _Omega_ said:

Its like 8 bucks more, but its also 80 plus gold, modular and has 5 years more warranty 

Yeah then just get it. 

Also as far as I know in Germany you have warranty as long as you expect the product to last, which is usually 10 years for PSU's. So really it doesn't matter how long the warranty is, but if it says it has longer warranty you might have less trouble dealing with the retailer when you need it.

5 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

Also as far as I know in Germany you have warranty as long as you expect the product to last, which is usually 10 years for PSU's. So really it doesn't matter how long the warranty is, but if it says it has longer warranty you might have less trouble dealing with the retailer when you need it.

As far as i know its just that you have at least 2 years of warranty even when the manufacturer does not give a warranty.

Budget (including currency): ~1000€ (excl. Monitor)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Random games and amature photo editing 

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/hbyMC6 (couldn't find the Case, and for the PSU i went with the 650 W version which i couldn't find as well...)

Any comments on my final build List?

Thanks for all comments 🙂 

Looks good apart from the PSU, haven't seen that brand before, but if it is in the PSU tierlist in PSU subforum, you are good.

I am also loving how that GPU looks.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

4 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Looks good apart from the PSU, haven't seen that brand before, but if it is in the PSU tierlist in PSU subforum, you are good.

I am also loving how that GPU looks.

Its on the List, ist B Tier, its quite cheap, thats why i picked it 😄

*** Threads merged ***

As these threads seemed to just be updates to original, better to just have them in one place. You already answered same question about same PSU 3 times...

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv