Stuck on choosing motherboard and storage

ezio313

Budget (including currency): 1100$

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: warzone, battlefield, apex,elden ring and web browsing

Other details : will play at 1080p 144hz low to medium settings.

CPU:I5 12400F

GPU: 6600XT RED DEVIL

PSU:COUGAR GX-S 650W GOLD

RAM: HYPERX 16GB 3600HZ (2 STICKS) 90$ the 3200hz is just 4$ cheaper

MOBO: I don't intend to upgrade the CPU/RAM or overclock it. I'm stuck between gigabyte H610 s2h (110$) and MSI pro b660m-a (150$). The only advantage that I  see in msi is support for 3600hz instead of 3200hz speed, but don't know if it differ for gaming.

CASE: COUGAR MX330 MID-TOWER(Good airflow?)

Storage: I'm really stuck, I want a 1tb storage either nvme or ssd.but can't choose between different brands. The cheapest I found are hikvision e1000 for 77$ And Kingston nv1 nvme 1tb for 88$( are they good)

Thanks in advance

I would go with the b660 mobo. It has better power delivery with heat sinks. That H610 mobo is more in the i3 and lower cpu category for me.

3600MHz vs 3200MHz of the same memory is worth about those $4 😛. It is a very slim difference in real world performance. But at $4 I would just go with the 3600, which will run at 3200 speed if required anyway.

I would get the nvme. For one it is installed directly on the mobo. Which is nice. And although it is a bottom of the barrel performance nvme drive, it is still about 4x the transfer speed of a sata ssd. And overall performance should be better in general.

I am sorry for only recommending the highest cost options. But imho the price for performance gained is worth it. As long as you can afford it.

3 hours ago, Pandur said:

I would go with the b660 mobo. It has better power delivery with heat sinks. That H610 mobo is more in the i3 and lower cpu category for me.

3600MHz vs 3200MHz of the same memory is worth about those $4 😛. It is a very slim difference in real world performance. But at $4 I would just go with the 3600, which will run at 3200 speed if required anyway.

I would get the nvme. For one it is installed directly on the mobo. Which is nice. And although it is a bottom of the barrel performance nvme drive, it is still about 4x the transfer speed of a sata ssd. And overall performance should be better in general.

I am sorry for only recommending the highest cost options. But imho the price for performance gained is worth it. As long as you can afford it.

Ok ty, what about the case? Is it Good? I found another one for 30$, I don't know the brand but it has 3 front fans and 2 fans from above

On 5/21/2022 at 8:20 PM, ezio313 said:

Ok ty, what about the case? Is it Good? I found another one for 30$, I don't know the brand but it has 3 front fans and 2 fans from above

I have no experience with this case. Judging from the images on the manufacturer website it looks good enough. I have no idea how the fans perform and how loud they are. Which would be the main deal breaker for me.

On 5/21/2022 at 7:20 PM, ezio313 said:

I've heard of that brand quite a lot but ive heard that some of their cases have cable management issues. If i were you i would go with a brand such as corsair