Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wifi Occasionally dropping

I recently build my own pc specs below. However, it will intermitenttly drop wifi. I have no issues with any of my other devices imcluding my old laptop I used to use in my office. I also bought a wifi extender to trial which has not helped and i casn run by 100ft ethernet cable and have no issues but the wife is not happy with that. I have also checked my drivers for updated and they are all up to date. Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:

Tuf gaming B550-PLUS WIFI II

EVGA geforce RTX 3070 ti

Ryzen 5 5600X 

corsair RM 750 gold (stock cooler)

1 stick of 1TB 970 evo plus

2 sticks of ripjaws DDR4 8Gx2

You talk about Wifi, but not mentioned the other side, where you plan to connect this wifi to?
And more. like antenna placement etc. This all matter a lot when using radio waves.

So make/model of wifi access point/router and also extender if still in use and how its connected.

Personally i would use a cable, and put in the effort to hide so the wife approves. Cabled ethernet is 1000% better then wifi.

But not knowing all this i would say start with a clean slate, reset the router/modem whatever you use for the wifi.
Do the same with the PC side for the settings of the wifi adapter.

Then try again.

Also note, the more wifi devices connected at the same time, the more they need to drop connection to let others communicate.

And maybe you dont notice it with other devices as you usually dont use them as intensively.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

What Wifi Router are you using and where is it positioned relative to your office?

What wifi adapter are you using in your tower? ~ I used to have issues until I upgraded my wifi card to an AC triple external antenna card. 

Check for network interference across wifi channels if you are living is a more dense housing area with lots of competing wifi transmissions. 

I'm guessing that for a 100ft transmission you are using 2.4ghz, perhaps check in the wifi router settings that the maximum transmission power is selected for the 2.4ghz option if available. 

A strong alternative is Powerline Ethernet. A bit pricey but get a good one and it'll do well. Note that it will haver to be on the same house circuit for it to work well. 

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

usually in my cases viruses were cause for this...I'd reformat the PC and put newest stable drivers..

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.