Vaping near Electronics

I know that vaping can leave weird effects to your electronics, like marijuana and tobacco, but could this be changed if you have a large area with ventilation? Perhaps leaving windows open? I do not vape too much and I am wondering if it would make a difference.

Spoiler

crappy HP laptop specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200U 2.5GHz

Memory: 4GB RAM SODIMM

Storage: 120GB SSD

Graphics: AMD Radeon Vega 3 (intergrated)

well.. if you vape like a normal person, and the room is well ventilated, worst scenario is that the dust in your pc is just a bit more sticky than normal.

on the flip side.. if you're "ripping fat clouds", no matter how well ventilated the room is, a noteworthy amount of that is gonna find it's way trough your computer and deposit over time.

from some real-world experience, a "clean person" smoker or vaper isnt as bad as "that type of customer" that "doesnt eat by their computer" but somehow dorito dust made it into the cooler.

Thank you!

Spoiler

crappy HP laptop specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200U 2.5GHz

Memory: 4GB RAM SODIMM

Storage: 120GB SSD

Graphics: AMD Radeon Vega 3 (intergrated)

Just get one of those huge wind fans they use at film sets. Problem solved. 😉

You will have to clean your computer insides more often than non-vapers. And it could be a sticky mess when you do. The price you pay for not doing this, is that your computer will overheat and become unstable because the fans can't move and all the heatsinks are clogged.

But unless you are vaping something that conducts electricity, it should otherwise be ok.

14 hours ago, manikyath said:

from some real-world experience, a "clean person" smoker or vaper isnt as bad as "that type of customer" that "doesnt eat by their computer" but somehow dorito dust made it into the cooler.

What if they're both? 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

15 hours ago, manikyath said:

I will say, at work I smoke like a chimney around my work computer. 

At home, I don't smoke inside and wash my hands after I come back inside. 

15 hours ago, pani said:

I do not vape too much and I am wondering if it would make a difference.

I will say, no matter how careful you think you are, there will be some residue. Might not be much and might not matter to you. I'd just rather not have tar in filters. It's mostly personal opinion unless you plan on reselling parts later on.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Imo don't worry too much about it. Hasn't affected my PC over the last 8 years aside from the tempered glass looking a little foggy after a few months, and my vape produces 'medium' clouds. And I chong it when I'm sat at my desk out of habit.

i5-12600KF @ 5ghz (1.18v)

EVGA RTX 2080 8GB 2080mhz + G12 AIO Thermaltake 240mm

Corsair 16gb Vengeance RGB 3600mhz C16
CPU-Z Single-thread: 803 || CPU-Z Multi-thread: 7948
Fire Strike GPU Score: 29,784

I vape and smoke Cannabis near my computer, it’s fine. I use a metro datavac.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

• 1 year later...

I’m a bit late to the game but anyway. The only way that I can think of to almost guarantee that your computer won’t get smoke residue and other things like that in the pc it to exhale? the smoke/vapor directly out the window, smoke in a different room, or move into a fume hood.

Also late to this party...but my classmate used to vape inside his PC Case just for fun and to see what will happen, somehow it made it shutdown at one moment and now every time it boot's it pops a bluescreen error, something with SSD and the SSD is fine, have been testet in diffrent rigs. I would not advise doing it anyway..what's the point? 😄

I've vaped next to my build for 3 years and never found "sticky residue" when dusting it out. 

The whole idea is just made up BS. 

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION...

EVGA X299 Dark, i7-9800X, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 SLI

I have a Dyson air-purifier/fan and I turn it way up and if its not cold outside I'll open a window.

Never had any issues or know of any friends with issues.