5m long HDMi 1.4 cable for 3 euros,u serious!?

frozensun
Just now, frozensun said:

Okay thx.

I don't think I will ever need HDMi 2.1 cable.

Part of the reason I directed you to the LTT videos (and not just the one I linked directly to) about cable testing, is that cheap cables can have issues like shielding and ground wires not being properly connected. And during those videos that is one topic.

The lower HDMI version you need, the lower quality cable you can get by with. But if they have skimped on following even HDMI 1.2 cable spec, you will run into problems with a 1.4 signal. I have personally seen this with 3x 1ft long hdmi cables I bought, some years ago, for use with a switch. One cable had sync issues at 1080p. And they cost more than your €3 cable, for just one foot length.

You may have found an unbelivable deal on quality hdmi cables where you live. But the odds are much higher that these cables are bottom of the barrel quality.

1 hour ago, frozensun said:

Okay thx.

I don't think I will ever need HDMi 2.1 cable.

It depends on your use case.

I'd like to do 4K @ 120Hz on my display. Using older HDMI versions (my video card doesn't support HDMI 2.1) means I'm stuck using display stream compression whenever I enable that. This means my colors are off. Text looks weird as a result. I find myself (occasionally) enabling it for games (I often forget/don't bother) though usually I just run at 4K 60Hz. (I could conceivably get by with a display port to HDMI adapter but that has its own issues).

I also wouldn't mind eventually getting a 5K monitor. That's another jump in bandwidth needed to run the display well.

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

1 hour ago, Caroline said:

in colour? amazing

Yep..on a 4K TV..immagine the pic quality. 😅

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.