Tips to build a gaming PC

Budget (including currency): ₹50,000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming and programming languages like python and Java

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I'm starting from the scratch and I saw Linus tech's around 2 hours video and still not sure to buy the parts Bcz I'm not going to build a high-end pc since this is going to be my first build so I would appreciate it for specifying important things. I need a moderate gaming pc which can support gaming and programming compilers and stuff related to that

Edited by Phantomknight

Do you have links to stores you're buying from?

Edited by Pixelfie

2 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

The post is empty

I posted without specifying things sorry😅

8 minutes ago, Phantomknight said:

I posted without specifying things sorry😅

What do you think about this? Not sure about other prices as Amazon is the only store in India I know. If you can share other stores I could maybe find better stuff, especially for the PSU because Amazon doesn't have much good stuff.

Case

PSU

RAM (buy 2 of them)

Motherboard

CPU/GPU

image.thumb.png.ce077df6924b771863ac440eb8938883.png

39 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

What do you think about this? Not sure about other prices as Amazon is the only store in India I know. If you can share other stores I could maybe find better stuff, especially for the PSU because Amazon doesn't have much good stuff.

Case

PSU

RAM (buy 2 of them)

Motherboard

CPU/GPU

Thanks a lot but instead of telling me the exact parts can you tell about the requirements for the parts because there aren't a lot of websites for computer parts in India so I plan to buy few parts from a shop. It would be useful if you specify the brand for each parts

45 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

Case

PSU

RAM (buy 2 of them)

Motherboard

CPU/GPU

What do you think about this motherboard?https://dl.flipkart.com/dl/msi-h510-m-pro-e-motherboard/p/itm9780eb0603c1f?pid=MBDGBG9W4GNE5PPG&cmpid=product.share.pp&_refId=PP.a96a2ecb-e786-40c5-be67-3c2b50005487.MBDGBG9W4GNE5PPG&_appId=CL

13 minutes ago, Phantomknight said:

What do you think about this motherboard?https://dl.flipkart.com/dl/msi-h510-m-pro-e-motherboard/p/itm9780eb0603c1f?pid=MBDGBG9W4GNE5PPG&cmpid=product.share.pp&_refId=PP.a96a2ecb-e786-40c5-be67-3c2b50005487.MBDGBG9W4GNE5PPG&_appId=CL

That's not compatible. You will need a 10th or 11th gen Intel CPU for that. With this budget you can't really get a GPU, and Intel has bad iGPU's so I don't recommend that.

18 minutes ago, Phantomknight said:

Thanks a lot but instead of telling me the exact parts can you tell about the requirements for the parts because there aren't a lot of websites for computer parts in India so I plan to buy few parts from a shop. It would be useful if you specify the brand for each parts

I recommend going for an AMD APU, 5600G or 5700G because you probably won't find a GPU with this budget and Intel iGPU's suck.

Would recommend the cheapest 3200mhz CL16 16gb RAM, either a 2x8 kit or 2 sticks of 8gb (same model).

Check this tier list for buying PSU's. Get tier B or A, and at least 500w. More w will allow for more powerful GPU's if you plan on adding one in the future.

For the case get the cheapest one that looks good to you and has good airflow (usually cases with mesh in the front are good). Make sure it has enough space to store cables.

For motherboard get a B550, X570, B450 or X470. Make sure it has a heatsink on the VRM, and if you're looking for specific features check if it has that too.

Any 500gb SSD would be good. But I recommend an SN570 or P2, these are usually priced pretty good for what they offer.

1 hour ago, Pixelfie said:

That's not compatible. You will need a 10th or 11th gen Intel CPU for that. With this budget you can't really get a GPU, and Intel has bad iGPU's so I don't recommend that.

I recommend going for an AMD APU, 5600G or 5700G because you probably won't find a GPU with this budget and Intel iGPU's suck.

Would recommend the cheapest 3200mhz CL16 16gb RAM, either a 2x8 kit or 2 sticks of 8gb (same model).

Check this tier list for buying PSU's. Get tier B or A, and at least 500w. More w will allow for more powerful GPU's if you plan on adding one in the future.

For the case get the cheapest one that looks good to you and has good airflow (usually cases with mesh in the front are good). Make sure it has enough space to store cables.

For motherboard get a B550, X570, B450 or X470. Make sure it has a heatsink on the VRM, and if you're looking for specific features check if it has that too.

Any 500gb SSD would be good. But I recommend an SN570 or P2, these are usually priced pretty good for what they offer.

Thanks dude

1 hour ago, Pixelfie said:

Is this ok? It's included with heatsink and fans

Screenshot_2022-05-21-18-58-15-202.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Phantomknight said:

Is this ok? It's included with heatsink and fans

Screenshot_2022-05-21-18-58-15-202.jpeg

Unless it's very cheap (like under $50, which is about 4000 rupees) no. Intel's iGPU is really bad, especially on anything that isn't 11th or 12th gen. Not only that but once you add a GPU it will very easily cause a bottleneck. It will even bottleneck something as simple as a 1650. Also afaik all non K Intel CPU's and all Ryzen CPU's come with a cooler.

17 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

Unless it's very cheap (like under $50, which is about 4000 rupees) no. Intel's iGPU is really bad, especially on anything that isn't 11th or 12th gen. Not only that but once you add a GPU it will very easily cause a bottleneck. It will even bottleneck something as simple as a 1650. Also afaik all non K Intel CPU's and all Ryzen CPU's come with a cooler.

Thanks a lot dude