Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3600 vs 5600 temperatures

Just a quick question to people how have experience: 

 

Which generally runs cooler under the same cooler?

(Love the English language when you use the same, but not the same word)

 

I want to move to a Dan Case A4. 

Therefore, I was thinking about temperatures of the 5600 and if it could benefit the overall performance in more than just higher IPC. I just can't find any comparison data on heat, just performance. Any other advice is also appreciated, but that probably doesn't belong here. 

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2hz 1.15V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 || 
|| EVGA RTX 3060 XC 12GB || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Cooler Master G450M || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC 24G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || SteelSeries 6GV2 || Logitech G403 Wireless ||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

 

Cameras: 

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5600x is cooler than 3600.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Review - Temperatures | TechPowerUp

Ryzen 3600 @ 4.5ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | Radeon RX580 | 2x Samsung 16gb c-die 2666 @ 3600mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 9 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you mean which has lower temperatures on the core or which one uses less power?
This sounds like its the same, but it doesnt have to be, if the architecture is different. That being said, the 5600x uses about 67W, the 5600 65W and the 3600 80w under full load in a test from gamers nexus

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Devryd said:

Do you mean which has lower temperatures on the core or which one uses less power?
This sounds like its the same, but it doesnt have to be, if the architecture is different. That being said, the 5600x uses about 67W, the 5600 65W and the 3600 80w under full load in a test from gamers nexus

I really don't care about power (much), but much more about cooling. 

My 1600 on OC used about the same power, but was so easy too cool. Much less performance, but still. 

 

I can only use a low profile cooler and thus care about how well that would work. 

 

So it seems like it would be a decentish lowering of temps, but not major. Every degree counts though if I really commit to the Dan Case

 

1 hour ago, SupaKomputa said:

5600x is cooler than 3600.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Review - Temperatures | TechPowerUp

Thanks. I missed that one then. I looked for tests for the 5600 specifically, but his has the data I was looking for.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2hz 1.15V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 || 
|| EVGA RTX 3060 XC 12GB || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Cooler Master G450M || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC 24G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || SteelSeries 6GV2 || Logitech G403 Wireless ||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

 

Cameras: 

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mapegl said:

My 1600 on OC used about the same power, but was so easy too cool. Much less performance, but still. 

Zen1 is really easy to cool, I have the same case with a 1700. I can get it to nearly 4.2GHz, which draws about 160W and still stays below 80 most of the time. 

A lower power chip will also be better, if your case has poor airflow, since it doesnt heat up the inside of your case as much

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Devryd said:

Zen1 is really easy to cool, I have the same case with a 1700. I can get it to nearly 4.2GHz, which draws about 160W and still stays below 80 most of the time. 

A lower power chip will also be better, if your case has poor airflow, since it doesnt heat up the inside of your case as much

Yeah. I am doing quite a lot of emulation, so single core is important. That's why I want the 5600, but I also need some multicore power for regular gaming, where I think 6 is minimum for anything you buy new....

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2hz 1.15V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 || 
|| EVGA RTX 3060 XC 12GB || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Cooler Master G450M || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC 24G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || SteelSeries 6GV2 || Logitech G403 Wireless ||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

 

Cameras: 

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×