Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Should I revive my old X570 Rysen 3700 build(2019) or start fresh?

Budget (including currency): 1k to 2k~

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: casual use, and playing AAA games every so often, Ideally at 1440p 144hrz+

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Any opinion and recommendations would be appreciated. 
Should I revive my old build or build something new from scratch, my goal would be to have a small(micro atx tower), silent and with decent performance(1440p 120hrz+) while avoiding heating and noise as much as possible.

So when the X570 chipset first drop I was an early adopter an I build myself a gaming PC around the ASRock X570M motherboard(micro Atx), with a ryzen 3700 and a old Radeon 580x gpu(gifted to my sister now), as I figure I would upgrade it down the line(it never happen, lol).but due to life circumstance and the crazy years that follow, the desktop spend much of it's life in the closet as covid change many of my circumstance and life, at some point I bought a gaming laptop(2020 hp omen 15 1660ti) cuz I was traveling so much, point being that system was never truly finish and I actually gift the GPU to my sisters computer so she could build her first PC since I was not using it.

Now I have been quite disconnect from the PC hardware scene for some time so I am not sure what would be a good approach today in regards chipset and platform, that chipset was a higher end(X570) and the rysen 3700 should still be good and with GPU's prices coming back to earth(hopefully), should I:

1. get a new premium fans and case(better quality, airflow) transplant my old build(and clean it) to it and get a modern GPU(when available) and called it a day. (my skill level would be expert when it comes to PC building, lol  I am former OEM tech)

2. or Build a new AMD base system with a modern chipset and cpu?

which would make more sense?

I am not a "gamer" but when I play games I would like them to run them at a high frame rate at a 1440p resolution with out any struggles within reason.

While I am not made out of money, I am an adult with a stable job and little responsibilities , and I have always idealize the "bang for the Buck" builds. so a 1k to 2k~ budget is within my reach.

sorry for any grammar mistake English is not my first language.

If you are just gaming, then you are the target audience of the 5800X3D. It would be 100% worth upgrading if you already intend to spend a bit to upgrade and you just have to update the bios.

GPU wise you could find a decent deal now for them, but with next gen 3-4 months away you may get buyers remorse.

23 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

If you are just gaming, then you are the target audience of the 5800X3D. It would be 100% worth upgrading if you already intend to spend a bit to upgrade and you just have to update the bios.

GPU wise you could find a decent deal now for them, but with next gen 3-4 months away you may get buyers remorse.

Thanks for the info, I will keep that in mind.

27 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Actually If I think about it the 5800X3D seem to be the ultimate solution for that chipset, it seem that there won't be any more CPU for the X570/AM4 generation.
but a if I am not mistaken the Ryzen 3700, should not bottle neck a 3080 or a 6800, right?   

no need to change the cpu, it's still ok.

if you want to play 1440p, get a new GPU instead.

Ryzen 3600 @ 4.5ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | Radeon RX580 | 2x Samsung 16gb c-die 2666 @ 3600mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 9 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 hour ago, SupaKomputa said:

no need to change the cpu, it's still ok.

if you want to play 1440p, get a new GPU instead.

Yeah this, the 3700 is the same CPU that the new consoles have.  IDK what the first wacko was on, there's no reason to upgrade a CPU by one gen, especially when the GPU you're using is a 580. 

1 hour ago, pgarza34 said:

Actually If I think about it the 5800X3D seem to be the ultimate solution for that chipset, it seem that there won't be any more CPU for the X570/AM4 generation.
but a if I am not mistaken the Ryzen 3700, should not bottle neck a 3080 or a 6800, right?   

No absolutely not, especially not at 1440p.  If you live near a microcenter you can find 6900xts for as low as $800 open box, and most of the open box ones are just ones that scalpers bought and returned unused.  You still get a warranty and everything.

The sign is a subtle joke. The shop is called "Sneed's Feed & Seed", where feed and seed both end in the sound "-eed", thus rhyming with the name of the owner, Sneed. The sign says that the shop was "Formerly Chuck's", implying that the two words beginning with "F" and "S" would have ended with "-uck", rhyming with "Chuck". So, when Chuck owned the shop, it would have been called "Chuck's Feeduck and Seeduck".