Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RTX 3080 running 2x 4K?

Is the RTX 3080 capable of running Microsoft Flight Simulator on dual 4K monitors at or above 24fps at high or ultra preset?

I know there are other factors like RAM, CPU, etc. but I'm just looking for a general idea of what to expect.

At the moment, I'm planning to put a Ryzen 7 5800X3D as the cpu and 2x16Gb 3600mHz ram (32Gb total - I'll need this for streaming and video editing)

Motherboard and PSU recommendations are welcome too, this might be my first build 🙂

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, FlyingLobster69 said:

Is the RTX 3080 capable of running Microsoft Flight Simulator on dual 4K monitors at or above 24fps at high or ultra preset?

I know there are other factors like RAM, CPU, etc. but I'm just looking for a general idea of what to expect.

At the moment, I'm planning to put a Ryzen 7 5800X3D as the cpu and 2x16Gb 3600mHz ram (32Gb total - I'll need this for streaming and video editing)

Motherboard and PSU recommendations are welcome too, this might be my first build 🙂

Do you realize Microsoft Flight sim 2020 doesn't have dual display support?

EDIT: However, X-plane 11 does have multiple display support, you probably should be able to maintain 24fps+, only thing you might have to lower your graphics quality 😐

Edited by Igni5

Yes you can, using nvidia surround, you can combine multiple monitor as one huge display. 

ideally you want 3 monitors for the best experience if you dont want to see the horizontal bar on the center.

Ryzen 3600 @ 4.5ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | Radeon RX580 | 2x Samsung 16gb c-die 2666 @ 3600mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 9 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

2 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Yes you can, using nvidia surround, you can combine multiple monitor as one huge display. 

ideally you want 3 monitors for the best experience if you dont want to see the horizontal bar on the center.

Yeah, but from what I've heard, FS 2020 has some issues with it

11 hours ago, FlyingLobster69 said:

It should be able to handle that. 

If you're building a serious flight sim rig you might want to wait since the 40 series is only a couple of months away.

16 hours ago, FlyingLobster69 said:

Also, are you just starting out with Flight Simming, or do you have experience?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2022 at 10:52 AM, Igni5 said:

Also, are you just starting out with Flight Simming, or do you have experience?

I'm just starting out lol, I'm planning to fly on VATSIM and do some streaming as well