What kind of cpu cooler should I get?

jjcz5

I'm quite stuck on whether I should stick with the stock cooler that comes with my cpu, getting a AIO, or one of those tower coolers. I am not interested in overclocking,

I do plan on upgrading my graphics card down the road to something a little better like a RTX 3000 for example. Would I need a AIO then?

Any thoughts/suggestions?

My pc specs:

Cougar MX330-G Air Case

Asus ROG STRIX B550-F Motherboard

Ryzen 5 5600X CPU

Corsair Vengeance 16 GB LPX RAM

Corsair RM 750x PSU

Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB SSD

Western Digital Caviar Blue HDD

Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Graphics Card

Scythe Mugen 5, Noctua NH-D15 or similar. Liquid cooling is not necessary for most. I air-cool the mighty 5900X with a Scythe Mugen 5 and six 120mms. Peaks at 87C running Cinebench R23 with PBO enabled and no throttling, and my case isn't the best ventilated either. My 5900X is safe to 90C, your 5600X is safe to 95C. And I suspect that Cougar MX330 flows better than my Corsair 4000X also.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

5600x is not a hot cpu, so you can use any single tower heatsink out there, i recommend hyper 212 and deepcool gammax 400 (i owned both), get the dual fan if you can, as it will reduce the temp 3-5 degree. no need to spend over $50 for the heatsink, not worth it.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Are you not satisfied with the current cooling?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

You can what I did - buy a highly rated, cheap Tower cooler & then replace the fan with a decent quality one.

I went DeepCool Gammaxx 400 V2 & slapped on an Arctic Bionix fan. 

This may work out cheaper for you, if the parts are available near you.