Asus TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3060 Ti V2 OC Edition - Good or Bad choice???

I m a new (wanna be) game developer. Currently working in "Blender" & "Unreal Engine (4&5)". I m planning to buy a RTX 3060 Ti and found this card which is quite good with its triple fan cooling system. At this moment I've got some questions about it.....

1. How good is this model comparing to other 3060 Ti 3rd party models???

2. How good is this model for both gaming & 3d working??? I want to game and work in 3d with live render (like EVEE). Is this a good choice?

3. Which PSU should I buy for this??? Although Asus is recommending 750w PSU, which is ridiculous in my opinion cause as far as I know it has only one 8-pin connector & has 220 max power limit...My current spec & every component planned to buy in future is within the PSU calculator list - My PC Part List. Please remember that I m currently using Arctic Freezer 34 esports duo cooler for my CPU. I couldn't find option to add air cooler so I added extra 2x120mm fan to the list.

4. Last but not least, should I wait for 4000 series??? Although I've waited for very long time (My r5 3600s 3 years warranty gonna expire soon. Yeah, I've built my entire pc without any GPU), should I wait to see what happens in the world or buy right now as I m seeing very good price drops? (Although not close to the MSRP in my country)

1. It will be a great choice for you. You might be able to get away with a cheaper cooler though, but this one should give low thermals and low noise if that's what you're looking for.

2. 650w would be enough, maybe even 550 (but I would only use that if you already have it), as long as the unit has good quality. This should help with choosing a PSU. https://cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/

3. If you can wait then why not. But really the 3060 Ti would still be great so you're getting good hardware either way. It's up to you if you want to wait or not.

5 minutes ago, The Mighty Beetle said:

has 220 max power limit

There's also the PCIe slot which allows for 75W to go through it, and the way that Nvidia handles it's power management, its only job is that it maintains an average power draw of 150W (PCIe spec) through that connector, it doesn't care what it will actually spike to. Those cards do spike upwards of 300-400W IIRC under full load, and if you've got a lower end PSU it might actually trip OCP. The way Nvidia TDPs actually work is that they're just how much you need to cool on the card, they do not indicate how much you need to power the card, since it is quite a bit more. 

Still, 750W isn't really necessary, a good 650w should be just fine. That said, the price difference between a good 750W and a good 650W is pretty minimal (maybe $10-20), so I'd probably spend the extra money to have room for future upgradeability. 

23 minutes ago, The Mighty Beetle said:

4. Last but not least, should I wait for 4000 series??? Although I've waited for very long time (My r5 3600s 3 years warranty gonna expire soon. Yeah, I've built my entire pc without any GPU), should I wait to see what happens in the world or buy right now as I m seeing very good price drops? (Although not close to the MSRP in my country)

You can always wait for the next big release. But don't. Get what you want when you want it. Don't sit on your hands incase the next release is even better. Spoiler: they always are. 😉 

I have an Asus KO RTX3060ti 8GB OC and love it. No complaints, but I haven't really pushed it as I have a 60hz monitor. It really comes down to what you pay for it. I paid $850 for mine, they're cheaper now.

I run an 850W PSU with an APC UPS and my UPS software never indicates over a 450W load. Technically I could get away with a 500W PSU but I doubt it would handle the startup surge.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!