Both PCIe slots not working

Go to solution Solved by TBoneTace88,

Solved!

I appreciate the help guys, but it ended up being something really stupid but apparently it is a know problem.

I had to force PCIe gen 3 in the bios for the top slot. For some reason so it didn't like running in gen4 even though it is a gen 4 card.

I can't be sure, but I'm guess that it worked in the bottom slot for a while but gave up when I tried to run a game because it is only an 8x slot.

So now I'm guess I'm forced to run my brand new 3070ti at reduced capability until this is resolved.

Thanks for the help anyway!

Hi.

I have recently upgraded my whole system.

It was working fine for a few weeks, then suddenly my GPU stopped outputting video.

I swapped things around and tried the bottom PCIe slot and it worked. I was going to get the mobo checked in the next week.

Then last night the same issue happened.

The GPU definitely has power as the lights are all on.

I tried plugging in my old 1070ti but this doesn't work either.

I don't have any other GPUs to try but I don't think it's the GPU at this point. I can't check the bios because Ryzen doesn't have onboard graphics.

I can't see any damage to the PCIe slots themselves but seeing as how it's both slots and they worked at first I don't think damage is the problem.

Clear CMOS. See if that helps. Otherwise it sounds like a motherboard or CPU defect.

Could be your GPU or motherboard going bad. What were the upgrades? Some boards will disable certain PCIe functions / paths if certain hardware is installed.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

When I say upgraded, I mean it was all brand new stuff.

Asus tuf x570 gaming plus

Ryzen 9 5900x 

Asus tuf 3070ti OC

Corsair RM750x

It worked fine for a while then stopped working.

I am in the process of updating my bios as it turns out it was several dozen revisions out of date. I will let you know if this works.

Solved!

I appreciate the help guys, but it ended up being something really stupid but apparently it is a know problem.

I had to force PCIe gen 3 in the bios for the top slot. For some reason so it didn't like running in gen4 even though it is a gen 4 card.

I can't be sure, but I'm guess that it worked in the bottom slot for a while but gave up when I tried to run a game because it is only an 8x slot.

So now I'm guess I'm forced to run my brand new 3070ti at reduced capability until this is resolved.

Thanks for the help anyway!