DRAM error, the PC is black screened and can't POST.

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
1 minute ago, unoneo said:

To reset the CMOS you only need to remove the battery and put it back right?

Sorry I'm not too experienced with this.

There are a couple ways to do it, but that's the universal way, take out the battery, leave it out for ~10 seconds, put it back in. A lot of modern motherboard will have 2 pins that you can bridge, either with a dedicated jumper or just sticking some piece of metal (I.E. a knife or a coin) between them, that you do for 10 seconds and it will clear it. Some higher end boards will even have dedicated buttons for you to press to clear the CMOS, usually on the rear IO (though there are boards with them in weird places). 

Pick which ever way ends up being the easiest. Usually pressing a button is the easiest way, then the pins, then removing the battery, though there are boards with things in really weird spots and if you don't wanna think about it, just remove the battery for 10 seconds and pop it back in. 

So I messed about in my friends BIOS and accidentally changed their FCLK frequency to double what it should be thinking I was changing the DRAM frequency, and now the PC won't POST. Is there a way to fix this or does this call for new RAM sticks?

8 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Clear the CMOS. that'll set everything back to stock. 

1 minute ago, unoneo said:

There are a couple ways to do it, but that's the universal way, take out the battery, leave it out for ~10 seconds, put it back in. A lot of modern motherboard will have 2 pins that you can bridge, either with a dedicated jumper or just sticking some piece of metal (I.E. a knife or a coin) between them, that you do for 10 seconds and it will clear it. Some higher end boards will even have dedicated buttons for you to press to clear the CMOS, usually on the rear IO (though there are boards with them in weird places). 

Pick which ever way ends up being the easiest. Usually pressing a button is the easiest way, then the pins, then removing the battery, though there are boards with things in really weird spots and if you don't wanna think about it, just remove the battery for 10 seconds and pop it back in.