Cable 4k 120hz from pc to tv

Snekkers

I have a pc with rx6900xt and recently bought a lg c1 65 ". I bought two 10m 2.1 Unitek cables for that. The first cable gave broken and deformed signal. The second cable works normally, but regardless of the resolution, the output over 60hz gave no signal I tried various configurations with other short 2.0 cables, there was signal on all of them, but of course only 2.0 hdmi. I bought a Club3D hdmi 2.1 10m certified cable, but none of the displays caught the signal, even though the pc saw it as an additional display. I bought dp to hdmi switch that only allows fullhd 60hz and when I connected the TV to dp on the graphics card, the signal is normally only fullhd max, unfortunately. Anyone know what to do with it?

Club3D cables are really good, if not a little expensive in my experience, and should work.

Never adapt HDMI to Displayport and vice versa, a bad idea. I would continue testing with the Club3D cable.

I would go over all the TV settings, and then the graphics card settings. Maybe you need to enable a game mode or a PC mode to enable 120hz 4k, or maybe you need to enable freesync on both monitor and the gpu.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

1 hour ago, Origami Cactus said:

Club3D cables are really good, if not a little expensive in my experience, and should work.

Never adapt HDMI to Displayport and vice versa, a bad idea. I would continue testing with the Club3D cable.

I would go over all the TV settings, and then the graphics card settings. Maybe you need to enable a game mode or a PC mode to enable 120hz 4k, or maybe you need to enable freesync on both monitor and the gpu.

well, my problem here is that tv dont get ANY signal with club3d cable, so refresh rate with this cable will be a second thing

i dont wanna convert from dp to hdmi, but it doesnt work from hdmi port and it works from dp converted to hdmi somehow

i just bought Gotze&Jensen 2.1 Hdmi 2m cable.. and it allows 4k.. but every time i go above 60hz i lose signal

is it possible that graphics card hdmi port is defective?

Just now, Snekkers said:

well, my problem here is that tv dont get ANY signal with club3d cable, so refresh rate with this cable will be a second thing

If it doesn't work on any displays, maybe you got a faulty cable then, but i find it unlikely, their quality control is pretty good. Did you try different HDMI devices?

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

27 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

If it doesn't work on any displays, maybe you got a faulty cable then, but i find it unlikely, their quality control is pretty good. Did you try different HDMI devices?

yep, with this cable it doesnt work.. until i force it though dp to hdmi
i have now new cable like i said and it works until i try to get above 60hz

9 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Make sure you enable HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color in the TV's menu, as this is what enables HDMI 2.1 capability.

it is on

I've been using an Amazon basics 8k60 cable I've had no issues running 4k120 at 12-bit color on a 3080.

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator