How to reliably connect two ends of CAT6 solid cable?

Filingo

Hello,

I have 2 rooms with distance of 20m in conduits. In the middle there's a conduit junction box.

What would be better: Pull a cable from room 1 to the junction and pull cable from room 2 to the junction and connect it there somehow? If so, how would you do it reliably?

Or, it would be better pulling a long cable from room 1 to room 2.

The issue is that I might not be able to pull it as one from room 1 to room 2 and I will have to meet in the junction box.

This is an illustration: https://imgur.com/a/832KbDE

Ty!

I would pull a cable to the junction box from each room, crimp both ends of both cables with RJ45 and use a RJ45 Coupler. That being said, both are fine.

Spoiler

RJ45 Female to Female Network Ethernet LAN Connector Adapter Coupler  Extender uygun fiyatlı satın alın - fiyat, ücretsiz teslimat, fotoğraflarla  gerçek yorumlar - Joom

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Thank you! would you do that only in case you can't pull a long cable? Or you'd prefer to do that anyway?

While pulling a CAT6 Solid cable (23AWG), I went from the other side to give it a push since it got stuck a bit, while pushing it, it bent about 100 degrees, almost 90. The cable itself should be of high quality, it's a Monoprice CAT6.

Is the part that was bent still good? Or it could've broke inside?

Ty

Nobody can know, if you deal with network cables you should have a RJ45/network cable tester. Even the cheapest one would work for you.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I would pull a single cable. 

Tie a piece of rope or something to a cable, slide it from first room to the junction  and disconnect the rope , pull out wire 

Push cable from the second room to the junction, then tie the rope to the cable and now use the rope to pull the cable to the first room 

If absolutely have to connect the two wires, I'd use a coupler and a punch down tool to permanently lock the wires where they should be: https://www.amazon.co.uk/rhinocables®-Gigabit-Punchdown-Coupler-Ethernet/dp/B01MTCR8CA/

If you buy cables with plugs already installed, I guess the couplers with ethernet jacks would also work, but those will probably have to be replaced once every 2-3 years, maybe even more often. 

*** Threads merged ***

Please don't start new threads about updates on ongoing thread subject.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, Filingo said:

Or it could've broke inside?

Cat 6 has the plastic thingy in the middle, this will take most of the stress on a 90 degress bend, it should be fine.

And the correct way to run the cable is 1 piece, if you can only run from "room to junction" you do that, then use one of them as a "draw wire" to pull in the second half of the final cable; there is always a cost to terminating and joining cables, you'll probably be fine @20 meters, but best practice is best practice.

10 hours ago, Filingo said:

While pulling a CAT6 Solid cable (23AWG), I went from the other side to give it a push since it got stuck a bit, while pushing it, it bent about 100 degrees, almost 90. The cable itself should be of high quality, it's a Monoprice CAT6.

Is the part that was bent still good? Or it could've broke inside?

Ty

It's copper, not glass fiber. It's absolutely fine. You could bend it 180 degrees many times before it snaps. (copper is very soft but becomes hard and brittle due to work-hardening - but that is after many repeated bends) 

Thanks everyone: Yes, I have the plastic spline in the middle, and - I managed to pull a single 20m through eventually! using a poly line, plenty of lube and some bad attempts with bad knots untying! 

12 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

You could bend it 180 degrees many times before it snaps.

It's not about snapping, it's about deforming the formation of the wires within the sheath, and how that can affect it's electrical properties, the same electrical properties that are leveraged to send and receive data. This is why bend radius is listed in data sheets for *TP cables.

2 hours ago, Ralphred said:

It's not about snapping, it's about deforming the formation of the wires within the sheath, and how that can affect it's electrical properties, the same electrical properties that are leveraged to send and receive data. This is why bend radius is listed in data sheets for *TP cables.