Windows 10 refuse to let me use WiFi

OmarMR9

I Can't access the windows store, Because apparently "I'm not connected to the Internet", there is no Wi-Fi icon, when I go to the settings, the program crashes, the only solution is to connect the internet router via a USB cable, but I NEED Wi-Fi, what to do?2022-05-20 11-32-34.mkv

Does your pc even have WiFi ?
If it does you may have to download the correct WiFi drivers

Minecraft plugin developer

Desktop:
CPU= I5 12400F
RAM = 2x 32gb DDR4 3200MHZ Corsair Vengeance LPX
Motherboard = MSI Z690-A-PRO Wifi DDR4
GPU= RTX 3050
SSD = Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
PSU= Corsair RM750

Laptop:
CPU= AMD Ryzen 5 5500u
RAM= 1X 4gb (soldered 3200mhz), 1x 16gb ddr4 3200mhz (so-dimm)
SSD= Samsung 970 Evo 1TB

Just now, CustomEnchants said:

Does your pc even have WiFi ?
If it does you may have to download the correct WiFi drivers

yeah its a laptop, The problem started a month ago, but it's starting to really bother me now. I tried many solutions from the internet, but it didn't show any results

Go to device manager and look for your wifi card
A quick example from my laptop
image.png.a208a6c553d2f79be6a2049092078849.png

Minecraft plugin developer

Desktop:
CPU= I5 12400F
RAM = 2x 32gb DDR4 3200MHZ Corsair Vengeance LPX
Motherboard = MSI Z690-A-PRO Wifi DDR4
GPU= RTX 3050
SSD = Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
PSU= Corsair RM750

Laptop:
CPU= AMD Ryzen 5 5500u
RAM= 1X 4gb (soldered 3200mhz), 1x 16gb ddr4 3200mhz (so-dimm)
SSD= Samsung 970 Evo 1TB

Some laptops have a switch (keyboard button or combination) to turn off WiFI. Make sure that is not set. Refer your laptop manual or online resources for your laptop at the manufacturer website.

41 minutes ago, OmarMR9 said:

there is no Wi-Fi icon, when I go to the settings, the program crashes,

Maybe your Windows image is corrupt or you have have a faulty component.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

56 minutes ago, CustomEnchants said:

Go to device manager and look for your wifi card
A quick example from my laptop
image.png.a208a6c553d2f79be6a2049092078849.png

@OmarMR9Sometimes windows 10 mess up drivers. Right click (in device manager) on AX200 and uninstall. The wifi card may be called something else. Mark remove drivers. Restart the PC. After it should work again.  If there isn't anything wour wifi card may be dead. 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

24 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

@OmarMR9Sometimes windows 10 mess up drivers. Right click (in device manager) on AX200 and uninstall. The wifi card may be called something else. Mark remove drivers. Restart the PC. After it should work again.  If there isn't anything wour wifi card may be dead. 

Hello, yes it seems that this happens a lot, I deleted the driver and downloaded the same one from the manufacturer's website but the problem still exists

Screenshot 2022-05-20 131624.png

51 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Maybe your Windows image is corrupt or you have have a faulty component.

Oh no, I don't have time to install a fresh Windows :old-sad:

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

Some laptops have a switch (keyboard button or combination) to turn off WiFI. Make sure that is not set. Refer your laptop manual or online resources for your laptop at the manufacturer website.

I don't think my device has one.

24 minutes ago, OmarMR9 said:

Hello, yes it seems that this happens a lot, I deleted the driver and downloaded the same one from the manufacturer's website but the problem still exists

Screenshot 2022-05-20 131624.png

Dont have to download from manufactures website. Just Right click uninstall - mark remove driver and restart thats it. If it dosent work, wifi card is dead.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

12 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Dont have to download from manufactures website. Just Right click uninstall - mark remove driver and restart thats it. If it dosent work, wifi card is dead.

just did this, and yeah i think its dead, what should i do now?

36 minutes ago, OmarMR9 said:

just did this, and yeah i think its dead, what should i do now?

Buy a new wifi card and change it or RMA the machine if under warranty

FS in Denmark/EU:

9 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Buy a new wifi card and change it or RMA the machine if under warranty

Ok thank you

in services.msc, check if "DHCP Client" "Wi-Fi Direct Services Connection Manager Service" "WLAN Autoconfig" and "WWAN Autoconfig" are enabled and running. you can right click and start the services and check if wifi comes back

I really suggest you test wifi with an Ubuntu live USB to make sure it's not Windows that's screwed up.

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

13 hours ago, LloydLynx said:

I really suggest you test wifi with an Ubuntu live USB to make sure it's not Windows that's screwed up.

Or most any version of Linux, doesn't have to be specifically Ubuntu-based to work.
A version that behaves much as Windows ususally does for self-installing and configuring hardware/drivers (Mint, Peppermint - These two Linux versions are great for this) will do fine for testing.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.