HP Omen 15 (2018) Display Problem

Nfsops
Recently received a used 4-year-old HP Omen 15 (i7 8750H, GTX 1060) with a Display problem
- The flickering screen seems to be a Hardware issue, the screen flickers even in BIOS/Linux/WindowsPE.
- External monitor via HDMI works fine.
- Replacement Screens are quite pricey, the ones available are like USD 200-300.
- My question is, can this problem in any way be related to Motherboard? Is there a way to check without fitting another screen? I do not want to pay 300 bucks only for the new screen to experience the same issue

that's not a screen issue but a connector issue. you can try to reseat the lcd ribbon cable or replace it.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

I would cleary agree with what SupaKomputa said. 

I had a Notebook here a few weeks ago, that had a similar problem. I tried everything, even considered a new Display, which was around 150€. 
In my last chance, i tried to reseat the ribbon cable, but it didnt worked. So i checked my spareparts section and found a cable that fit. I put it in and the display was working fine after that. 

Its not quite often, but laptops can get this Problem, when the Cable isnt placed right and get stuck between some plastic or even hinge. 

• 10 months later...

Took a risk and changed the whole Display LCD, has been working fine since then.

Thank You everyone for you help