Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Room temperature when gaming in northern country? first pc build in hot country

my country average temperature goes 32c mid day i am afraid it's gonna throttle my pc, does 15 12400f with hyper 212 as cooling enough? my gpu gonna be RX 6650 XT with lian li lnacool 215 as a case. i have air conditioner but though maybe it still not enough. what's your country average temp like usually?. any advice welcomed 

image.png.acfd681ee864199c6bad5efb74e9f760.png

note : idc about noise or rgb or how it look though just wanna have my pc not dying, if i need fan case like 5 more i am gonna do that. also thanks and sorry for my english

Posted (edited)

I am in Virginia, in the States, and run a 5900X / RTX3060ti build in an air-conditioned room here in the states, constant ambient temp of 18C-20C due to allergies and asthma. Seen a couple high-90 F days (35C-37C) days already since it was built in March.

The machine is in a Corsair 4000X case with six 120s and a Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition. It runs 38C-42C idle, moderately loads at 57C-65C, and under most normal use peaks around 70C-72C. A hard stress test with Cinebench R23  peaks at 87C with PBO enabled, 76C without. AMD states the 5800X / 5900X / 5950X are safe to 90C under full load.

Keep in mind, my case has okay air flow, but the 4000D Airflow has more, and there are other cases that offer even better ventilation. I'm also sure that higher flowing fans than mine are available. I think you'll find that it won't be as bad as you think. Use a case with better ventilation and airflow, higher-flow fans, and you might see performance similar to mine, but I doubt you'll see much more than a slightly higher moderate load temp. My setup has not throttled once, even on a 30-minute Cinebench R23 run.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

OP: My PC cuts off and crashes. Is the 1000W PSU enough?  ME: 1000W is plenty, PSU or system board could be faulty. Get both tested.

OP: I don't think so, both parts were purchased last week.        😒  Why bother asking if you second-guess the advice?

Friends don't let friends use Apple.                                              NOTE: Recently diagnosed autistic. I don't intend to ruffle anyone's feathers.

1 hour ago, RiseOnceAgain said:

my country average temperature goes 32c mid day i am afraid it's gonna throttle my pc, does 15 12400f with hyper 212 as cooling enough? my gpu gonna be RX 6650 XT with lian li lnacool 215 as a case. i have air conditioner but though maybe it still not enough. what's your country average temp like usually?. any advice welcomed 

image.png.acfd681ee864199c6bad5efb74e9f760.png

My Core I7 9700 cooled by a be quiet shadow rock LP (130 watts of cooling capacity) runs at around 30°C in idle at a room temp of 22°C. If it gets summer and room temps climb up to 27°C at times, it idles at around 36°C and with cinebench drawing 153 watts, it is in the low 90's

You’ll be fine. Nothing too worry about. Ensure adequate airflow in the case and that the pc can ‘breath’ around it 🙂

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

7 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

You’ll be fine. Nothing too worry about. Ensure adequate airflow in the case and that the pc can ‘breath’ around it 🙂

So no Case you shoehorn your hardware into but one that has plenty of room and Airflow, like a Mesh front with ventifluffs² serving fresh air.

² = Fans

2 Main Systems (mine and my late wifes):

System 1 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 2 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

New System in the making "Anghammarad" AsRock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 5800X, 32 GB Ram DDR4 3600, some SSD, Gainward Phoenix GS 1060.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System: Asrock ASRock Z87 Extreme4/TB4, Intel Core i5 4460, 16 GB Ram DDR3 1600 ADATA XPG, 1 275 GB SSD, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX (the 560 will be replaced with one of the 760 due to better effeciency)

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

With that motherboard, add a 92-120 mm fan to blow down into the motherboard, in that area between the IO shield and the cpu cooler. 

That's where the VRM is, and on that motherboard, the VRM gets quite hot, and with high ambient temperature  the VRM could become hot enough to cause the CPU to slow down 

does adding several intake fans with only 1 exhaust at the back okay or do i need to increase the exhaust? because i am new in pc build and i only know about upper and front airflow, i don't think the back have anymore exhaust place right? the case is good i think steve from gamer nexus review it as best budget case. also thanks for the information

3 minutes ago, RiseOnceAgain said:

does adding several intake fans with only 1 exhaust at the back okay or do i need to increase the exhaust? because i am new in pc build and i only know about upper and front airflow, i don't think the back have anymore exhaust place right? the case is good i think steve from gamer nexus review it as best budget case. also thanks for the information

For example I have a meshify C. I have two intake fans in the front, an aio out at the top and one out at the back. 

what case are you using again?

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

1 hour ago, Stormseeker9 said:

For example I have a meshify C. I have two intake fans in the front, an aio out at the top and one out at the back. 

what case are you using again?

Lian Li Lancool 215, i watched it from steve in gamer nexus, but it have 200 mm front fan and in jaytwocents bigger fan mean harder turning power, still trying to find case that are budget friendly less than $100. if you have any advice would appreciate it. thanks

23 hours ago, RiseOnceAgain said:

Lian Li Lancool 215, i watched it from steve in gamer nexus, but it have 200 mm front fan and in jaytwocents bigger fan mean harder turning power, still trying to find case that are budget friendly less than $100. if you have any advice would appreciate it. thanks

Fractal meshify C or the newer version of it I can recommend highly. Think it’s about that price range.