Transparent supply chain in product details.

OrdinaryPhil

I genuinely respect LTT for its desire to be ethical in its product sourcing. I constantly hear LTT staff praise some items for being "repsonsibly" packaged and likewise I hear the cast and crew call companies out for using too much plastic in their packaging.

But the other side to ethical sourcing is often overlooked.

I absolutely hate it when companies don't include information on where their products are manufactures, or where their materials come from.

There are some countries in the world that I just don't to financially support and thus don't purchase from. I don't expect everyone to agree with me and I honestly don't hold it against anyone if they choose to buy from places I think are unethical. But it is difficult to make informed choices when companies don't provide this type of information.

I honestly haven't purchased anything from LTTstore.com because I don't know if I am supporting the CCP or not (for example). If the shirts/pillows/backpacks and so are end up being made in China than I'm probably never going to purchase them, but if they are made in other countries that commonly source and manufacture.

However, if LTTstore items like shirts and other items are made elsewhere, I would be more than happy to purchase - not only supporting LTT but a more ethical supply chain as well 🙂

Also, for the record, when I discuss ethical sourcing, I am not concerned with working conditions or wages - this is such a low bar that I assume LTT wouldn't be doing business with any supplier that failed to meet it. The Ethics I am worried about are more indirect; I simply don't purchase clothing items made in China. Period. Even if they pay fair wages... but because all business conducted with China passes through a complex tax system that ultimately provides funding for the CCP and the many many evil things the CCP does.

I hope this doesn't come across as incendiary - I know that not everyone will share my views and I don't want to force my views on anyone - but if this information was listed on the store in the product description everyone would be able to make a more informed decision 🙂

So the older t-shirts are all american apparel, so you could look those up, the newer ones are their own shirts, but I don't know where those are made. However a lot of their products are made or partially made in China, so I would not be surprised if their t-shirts are.

I only got the box of my deskpad here, and that was made in China.

Also I think most people will agree with your views, it's just that most people don't let it influence their decision too much. I'm fairly certain LTT would love to have stuff made in Canada if they could still be competitive in pricing, but generally that's not possible for most products.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Mobo: Asrock AB350 Pro4 | Ram: G.Skill Trident Z (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 | Storage: Intel 545s Series 256GB M.2 (SATA) SSD/Western Digital WD Blue 1TB/Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD | GPU: Zotac Geforce GTX 1060 6GB AMP! Edition | Case: NZXT S340 Black Case | PSU: Corsair HX750 | Operating System: Windows 11 Pro | Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini White MX Brown | Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless | Headphones: Astro A50 Gen 2 | Mic: Rode NT-USB | IEMS: KZ ZSN Pro X

My “F*cking Eggshell” shirt is an American Apparel 50/50 blank, its tag says it was made in Guatemala. It does not specify where the raw cotton and polyester are sourced from. 

I sold my soul for ProSupport.