Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RX 6650 XT vs RTX 3060, are XFX brand good? my country temp averaging 30c mid day

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
9 minutes ago, RiseOnceAgain said:

is it worth it than RTX 3060?

Yes, the 6650XT is a noticeably faster GPU. Only reason to go for the 3060 is if you need the VRAM or if you need Nvidia features (Ray Tracing, CUDA, NVENC, etc.). If you're just gaming at 1080P, the 6650XT is the better card. 

 

As for specific card, just go for whatever is cheapest. XFX is good, same with PowerColor, ASRock, Sapphire, MSI, ASUS, etc. These cards don't draw a ton of power and even the weakest coolers for these cards are plenty to keep them cool. 

Hello everyone, so in my country the price for RX 6650 XT right now are lower than RX 6600 XT and same price with RTX 3060 is it worth it than RTX 3060? and what about xfx like merch and qick series is it good? i don't care about noise rgb and what not, just performance and temprature because in my country is quite hot averaging 30c mid day but i do use air conditioner, what temp usually people from northern country play at? thanks for any advice you could give me and sorry for my english

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, RiseOnceAgain said:

is it worth it than RTX 3060?

Yes, the 6650XT is a noticeably faster GPU. Only reason to go for the 3060 is if you need the VRAM or if you need Nvidia features (Ray Tracing, CUDA, NVENC, etc.). If you're just gaming at 1080P, the 6650XT is the better card. 

 

As for specific card, just go for whatever is cheapest. XFX is good, same with PowerColor, ASRock, Sapphire, MSI, ASUS, etc. These cards don't draw a ton of power and even the weakest coolers for these cards are plenty to keep them cool. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an RX 480(runs hot) Factory OC (runs hot) further OC by me (runs hotter) blower style cooler(runs hot) from XFX, and at 6yrs old on what appears to be original paste(runs hotter) (been meaning to repaste) it runs warmer than I would like on default fan curve (stays under 50% load), but once I give it an aggressive fan curve: yes it is loud, but temps are manageable in a 22C room. So hot country running at stock with an aggressive fan curve and new paste should give you toasty but not dangerous thermals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Yes, the 6650XT is a noticeably faster GPU. Only reason to go for the 3060 is if you need the VRAM or if you need Nvidia features (Ray Tracing, CUDA, NVENC, etc.). If you're just gaming at 1080P, the 6650XT is the better card. 

 

As for specific card, just go for whatever is cheapest. XFX is good, same with PowerColor, ASRock, Sapphire, MSI, ASUS, etc. These cards don't draw a ton of power and even the weakest coolers for these cards are plenty to keep them cool. 

yeah i am gonna play just 1080p, are RX 6650 XT could hold on for like 5 years in 1080p?, i used to using console so 30 fps is fine

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

I have an RX 480(runs hot) Factory OC (runs hot) further OC by me (runs hotter) blower style cooler(runs hot) from XFX, and at 6yrs old on what appears to be original paste(runs hotter) (been meaning to repaste) it runs warmer than I would like on default fan curve (stays under 50% load), but once I give it an aggressive fan curve: yes it is loud, but temps are manageable in a 22C room. So hot country running at stock with an aggressive fan curve and new paste should give you toasty but not dangerous thermals.

what temp your GPU usually at for 22c room? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, RiseOnceAgain said:

what temp your GPU usually at for 22c room? 

Under normal everyday use: it hovers in the 35-45C range, with balls to the wall gaming and the aggressive fan curve: high 70s, the 1% high being like 82C

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, RiseOnceAgain said:

yeah i am gonna play just 1080p, are RX 6650 XT could hold on for like 5 years in 1080p?, i used to using console so 30 fps is fine

I mean, I don't have a crystal ball, but if a GTX 1060 (somewhat similarly positioned card, probably a little lower, from 5-6 years ago) can get by in modern games on low-medium settings 1080P, I'd be surprised if it didn't given you're willing to start lowering settings in 3-4 years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

The 6650 xt is tad bit faster than the 3060, although it does have 4 gigs of less vram. If you are using programs that require more than 8 gigs of vram, then go for the 3060. If not, then the 6650xt is a great little 1080p card that should last you for a while.

 

Specs: 11700 | RTX 3060 | 32gb 3200mhz | 1tb 970 + 2TB HDD | Lian Li O11D Mini X Black

I'm 15 and live in the US

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

I mean, I don't have a crystal ball, but if a GTX 1060 (somewhat similarly positioned card, probably a little lower, from 5-6 years ago) can get by in modern games on low-medium settings 1080P, I'd be surprised if it didn't given you're willing to start lowering settings in 3-4 years. 

My 480 8Gb (competition for 1060 6gb) has no sweat running 1080p high on most games at 60+ fps

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

My 480 8Gb (competition for 1060 6gb) has no sweat running 1080p high on most games at 60+ fps

It does depend on the game, but yeah the 1060/480 is still a very competent card at 1080P. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×