Will elite capellix corsair cooler, nvidia/geforce gpu and AMD ryzen corrode each other?

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Sure when the cheapy AIO leaks, the coolant will look as corrosion when it drips down on everything.

Just put a nice air cooler on your setup and save yourself the headaches. A Wraith Prism, fraction of the cost, will cool the CPU just as well as that 150$ AIO.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This isn't a custom loop. Why are you talking about corrosion and why are you posting on the custom loop subforum? 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Just now, Middcore said:

This isn't a custom loop. Why are you talking about corrosion and why are you posting on the custom loop subforum? 

im sorry. im new to this and idk where to put it or what category it fits into.

1 minute ago, Skittle37549 said:

im sorry. im new to this and idk where to put it or what category it fits into.

OK, that's fine, you just need to do a little more research and a little more thinking here.

No, the AIO is not going to corrode the CPU. And how could it possibly do anything to the GPU that it doesn't have any contact with?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Please don't post the same thread over and over in multiple subs. If you post in the wrong sub by mistake you can ask the mods to move it for you.

As I told you in the other thread, the answer is no. The AIO doesn't even come in contact with the graphics card, how could it do anything to do it? What video are you watching? 

Just now, Middcore said:

OK, that's fine, you just need to do a little more research and a little more thinking here.

No, the AIO is not going to corrode the CPU. And how could it possibly do anything to the GPU that it doesn't have any contact with?

i dont really know. at some point at in the pc guide vid by LTT, at around 18 minutes, that guy said if you do coppor for your gpu, and aluminum for everything else, it will corrode. maybe he meant to say CPU, but i dont know. thank you though, this is a relief that this wouldnt corrode.

Sure when the cheapy AIO leaks, the coolant will look as corrosion when it drips down on everything.

Just put a nice air cooler on your setup and save yourself the headaches. A Wraith Prism, fraction of the cost, will cool the CPU just as well as that 150$ AIO.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Skittle37549 said:

i dont really know. at some point at in the pc guide vid by LTT, at around 18 minutes, that guy said if you do coppor for your gpu, and aluminum for everything else, it will corrode. maybe he meant to say CPU, but i dont know. thank you though, this is a relief that this wouldnt corrode.

Do you see they were talking about custom loops there?

You have an all in one, closed loop liquid cooler for your CPU you take out of a box and install. Do you see the difference between that and a full custom liquid cooling loop?

5 minutes ago, Guest 5150 said:

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh wow. thanks. it even has rgb!!!! just making sure, but are there anyyy risks associated with this? also, what are the pros and cons of using this vs using the elite capellix?

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

Do you see they were talking about custom loops there?

You have an all in one, closed loop liquid cooler for your CPU you take out of a box and install. Do you see the difference between that and a full custom liquid cooling loop?

ohhh. thats what a full loop is. that makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Skittle37549 said:

oh wow. thanks. it even has rgb!!!! just making sure, but are there anyyy risks associated with this?

Non at all. It clips on the board like a factory heat sink, so it's easy to install, looks good and over-all pretty quiet.

Just now, Guest 5150 said:

Non at all. It clips on the board like a factory heat sink, so it's easy to install, looks good and over-all pretty quiet.

okay. sorry for my newbie paranoia, but is the mounting bracket compatible with this motherboard? : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089VZFWHB/ref=ox_sc_act_title_5?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1 

okay. sorry for my newbie paranoia, but is the mounting bracket compatible with this motherboard? : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089VZFWHB/ref=ox_sc_act_title_5?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1 

Yes. It clips right onto that board. In fact it'll clip onto ALL AM4 motherboards.

See those 2 black plastic pieces on either side of the socket? That's what it clips onto.

Yes. It clips right onto that board. In fact it'll clip onto ALL AM4 motherboards.

See those 2 black plastic pieces on either side of the socket? That's what it clips onto.

nice. this isnt as important but how u control the rgb? not just for this, but for every rgb component like the case, the ram, gpu, etc

Just now, Skittle37549 said:

nice. this isnt as important but how u control the rgb? not just for this, but for every rgb component like the case, the ram, gpu, etc

Well you find a nice little RGB controller unless the board comes equipped like my ROG strix board. Then you just use the mobo software to control it. I just leave it on rainbow puke cause can't see it in the case anyways.

Well you find a nice little RGB controller unless the board comes equipped like my ROG strix board. Then you just use the mobo software to control it. I just leave it on rainbow puke cause can't see it in the case anyways.

what about for the ram? how do i connect the ram to the rgb controller?

1 minute ago, Guest 5150 said:

what board do you have? send amazon link if possible

what about for the ram? how do i connect the ram to the rgb controller?

RAM I'm not sure about. It costs more and I'm cheap, so I don't buy RGB ram. 

But If I had to guess, through some software, or it just stays rainbow puke. 

RAM I'm not sure about. It costs more and I'm cheap, so I don't buy RGB ram. 

But If I had to guess, through some software, or it just stays rainbow puke. 

do you have a discod, it wld be a lot easier to talk on there.  mine is Skittle#3665

what board do you have? send amazon link if possible

It's an ITX board. Super small, but packs more punch than all the other B450 boards. 

(I'm sure you can find it cheaper than this price.) 

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-ROG-B450-I-Gaming-Motherboard/dp/B07F6ZP4RW/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3UWSMWH9XW92A&keywords=ROG+B450i&qid=1653006343&s=electronics&sprefix=rog+b450i%2Celectronics%2C79&sr=1-1

do you have a discod, it wld be a lot easier to talk on there.  mine is Skittle#3665

I don't use discord much. I'm an old guy XD.