Will elite capellix corsair cooler, nvidia/geforce gpu and AMD ryzen corrode each other?

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Sure when the cheapy AIO leaks, the coolant will look as corrosion when it drips down on everything.

Just put a nice air cooler on your setup and save yourself the headaches. A Wraith Prism, fraction of the cost, will cool the CPU just as well as that 150$ AIO.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, Guest 5150 said:

Yessir. That has RGB controller built in also.

cool. what do the diferent power moodes do and how i use them?

Just now, Skittle37549 said:

cool. what do the diferent power moodes do and how i use them?

I think that's geared more towards mobile boards. But in the Asus app, you can click power saving or performance mode on the fly with a click. AISuite will leave a floating app on the desktop for fan control as well. I'm not on that particular PC or I'd give you a screen shot.

1 minute ago, Guest 5150 said:

I think that's geared more towards mobile boards. But in the Asus app, you can click power saving or performance mode on the fly with a click. AISuite will leave a floating app on the desktop for fan control as well. I'm not on that particular PC or I'd give you a screen shot.

lmao it even has its own app? can you control the lighting with said app?

The RGB is a separate app. Called Aura Sync. AI Suite will handle everything else on the board. 

Just now, Guest 5150 said:

The RGB is a separate app. Called Aura Sync. AI Suite will handle everything else on the board. 

whats ai suite

AI suite will give you options for overclocking using Performance Boost Overdrive (PBO for short) fan control and performance/power saving on the fly. Some settings require a system restart however because it writes to bios.

AI suite will give you options for overclocking using Performance Boost Overdrive (PBO for short) fan control and performance/power saving on the fly. Some settings require a system restart however because it writes to bios.

what are the bios? and do you just mean you have to unplug and replug in ur whole computer?

The Bios is the brain of the motherboard. It controls everything. You access the bios to change system settings. 

No, you don't have to unplug the whole PC. Just restart windows (when using AI suite and OC settings)

The Bios is the brain of the motherboard. It controls everything. You access the bios to change system settings. 

No, you don't have to unplug the whole PC. Just restart windows (when using AI suite and OC settings)

k thanks. last question, can you only control ROG products with that aura sync software, or everything including wired keyboards

k thanks. last question, can you only control ROG products with that aura sync software, or everything including wired keyboards

It should control most RGB anything. There's always exceptions, and that I don't have answers for really. 

My keyboard and mouse are G910 and Razor Mamba Tournament edition. I use the Logitec software for those, but also are on a different computer, not on that particular RGB board.

38 minutes ago, Guest 5150 said:

Well you find a nice little RGB controller unless the board comes equipped like my ROG strix board. Then you just use the mobo software to control it. I just leave it on rainbow puke cause can't see it in the case anyways.

What’s the mobo software? Is that the software you mentioned that u use to control your lights? And when you say your board is equipped with an rgb controller, do you mean your board has automatic acces to the rgbs in all controllable components? 

1 minute ago, Skittle37549 said:

What’s the mobo software? Is that the software you mentioned that u use to control your lights? And when you say your board is equipped with an rgb controller, do you mean your board has automatic acces to the rgbs in all controllable components? 

Yes, AI Suite and Aura Sync are Applications for Asus motherboards.

Aura Sync controls the RGB software (board, cpu cooler and rgb fans ect.)

The controller is a little chip soldered onto the mainboard. The software tells the chip when, how, where, what and why to control the LED lighting of your PC peripherals, be it fans, or the board lighting it's self. This also would include RAM rgb lighting also, but I'm not certain which brands work best with Aura Sync RGB lighting software.

3 minutes ago, Guest 5150 said:

Yes, AI Suite and Aura Sync are Applications for Asus motherboards.

Aura Sync controls the RGB software (board, cpu cooler and rgb fans ect.)

The controller is a little chip soldered onto the mainboard. The software tells the chip when, how, where, what and why to control the LED lighting of your PC peripherals, be it fans, or the board lighting it's self. This also would include RAM rgb lighting also, but I'm not certain which brands work best with Aura Sync RGB lighting software.

Got it thanks

Got it thanks

welcome! Better than an LTT video right!? (lol)

7 minutes ago, Guest 5150 said:

welcome! Better than an LTT video right!? (lol)

Lmao pretty much

20 hours ago, Guest 5150 said:

what does a bios flashback do? also, that cool motherboard you showed me yesterday went out of stock. can i use this one instead? it seems to have all the same features: ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO WiFi II AMD AM4 (3rd Gen Ryzen) ATX Gaming Motherboard(PCIe 4.0,WiFi6E,2.5GbLAN,BIOS Flashback,Two-Way AI Noise Cancelation,Addressable Gen2RGB Header,Aura Sync) : Everything Else (amazon.com)

45 minutes ago, Skittle37549 said:

what does a bios flashback do? also, that cool motherboard you showed me yesterday went out of stock. can i use this one instead? it seems to have all the same features: ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO WiFi II AMD AM4 (3rd Gen Ryzen) ATX Gaming Motherboard(PCIe 4.0,WiFi6E,2.5GbLAN,BIOS Flashback,Two-Way AI Noise Cancelation,Addressable Gen2RGB Header,Aura Sync) : Everything Else (amazon.com)

Bios Flashback allows you to update the bios with nothing plugged into the mainboard except the power. This is useful if you purchase the board but the bios doesn't support the CPU you purchased and then you can update the bios so you can use the new gen cpu.

But most X570 boards come with a new enough bios that you shouldn't need to use flashback.

Yes, the TUF series is one step down from the ROG boards. But does have the RGB header.

5 minutes ago, Guest 5150 said:

Bios Flashback allows you to update the bios with nothing plugged into the mainboard except the power. This is useful if you purchase the board but the bios doesn't support the CPU you purchased and then you can update the bios so you can use the new gen cpu.

But most X570 boards come with a new enough bios that you shouldn't need to use flashback.

Yes, the TUF series is one step down from the ROG boards. But does have the RGB header.

so basicly it resets ur boards bios to adapt with one button?

On 5/19/2022 at 8:07 PM, Guest 5150 said:

Sure when the cheapy AIO leaks, the coolant will look as corrosion when it drips down on everything.

Just put a nice air cooler on your setup and save yourself the headaches. A Wraith Prism, fraction of the cost, will cool the CPU just as well as that 150$ AIO.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So is there really a risk when using the capellix cooler, or is it just overkill.

2 hours ago, Skittle37549 said:

So is there really a risk when using the capellix cooler, or is it just overkill.

I think it would be a waste of your moneys honestly. Failure rates with AIO has improved over the years, but for todays computing, it's not going to gain you anything besides saying you have a liquid cooler and some pictures. 

1 hour ago, Skittle37549 said:

@Guest 5150can you also give me the link to a decent thermal paste? Thanks

Cartainly. MX4 or MX5 (link below for 5) 

https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-MX-5-Incl-Spatula-Non-Conductive/dp/B08T5Q4J7H/ref=asc_df_B08T5Q4J7H/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=507831081029&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5009976551526344107&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9021490&hvtargid=pla-1213104756467&psc=1

On 5/19/2022 at 8:07 PM, Guest 5150 said:

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do I refill the water if it leaks or evaporates?

How do I refill the water if it leaks or evaporates?

I think that is a sealed unit? Closed loop. No refill ports.