Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New phone recommendation

Go to solution Solved by Imbadatnames,
On 5/19/2022 at 10:03 PM, BLADEVII said:

Hi, I'm looking into getting a new phone recommendations. Features I'm looking for are replaceable battery(w/ good battery life), decent camera, good for gaming, external storage, and preferably a headphone jack.

I currently own a LGV20 so phone with similar camera specs is good enough for me. In terms of issues I have with it, gaming hasn't been the best as it lags a lot after only a few minutes. Sometimes it also gets really hot when using google map and the phone restarts randomly. I've been looking at the Asus Rog 5 Phone but after further research, it doesn't seem like it'll last very long.

Look at Sonys Xperia 1 line. The 1 iv has just come out and looks like it meets what you want, though it is expensive. 

Full spec:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/smartphones/xperia-1m4/specifications

The iii is cheaper and offers mostly same stuff, is just a year older. 

2 hours ago, kamonanban said:

I still think an s10 is the best option because lineageos and other roms will support it pretty much the longest of all on this list

Can you explain to me why lineage OS and other Roms are important? With my LGV20, I just used what it came with and personally have no issue with it but from what I understand, it seems to be more for customization purposes.

35 minutes ago, BLADEVII said:

Can you explain to me why lineage OS and other Roms are important? With my LGV20, I just used what it came with and personally have no issue with it but from what I understand, it seems to be more for customization purposes.

In the name, lineage. It provides lineage with security updates and new android versions to devices with support dropped officially.

I’d bet you’re in the phones and tablets category (my domain haha)
The king of quack, That android guy…

samsung s10e | android enthusiast | Tech blogger

1 hour ago, kamonanban said:

In the name, lineage. It provides lineage with security updates and new android versions to devices with support dropped officially.

Constant support is pretty good but I personally haven't found a need to use lineage OS yet. Aside from occasional security updates, I don't really care for any additional features it comes with though I'm sure it's nice to have. Maybe I'm a little ignorant but in my experience, by the time I need to upgrade it's always because the hardware is outdated and not the software. Doesn't mean it won't be an issue in the future, but until it does I'm not too worry about it. 

23 hours ago, BLADEVII said:

Constant support is pretty good but I personally haven't found a need to use lineage OS yet. Aside from occasional security updates, I don't really care for any additional features it comes with though I'm sure it's nice to have. Maybe I'm a little ignorant but in my experience, by the time I need to upgrade it's always because the hardware is outdated and not the software. Doesn't mean it won't be an issue in the future, but until it does I'm not too worry about it. 

For someone like me, I love having new versions with the new features. With lineage, i can put my ancient S4 on android 12.1, its not too necessary a year or two after official support is dropped, but after that, there may be enough reason for you to get on the newest version

I’d bet you’re in the phones and tablets category (my domain haha)
The king of quack, That android guy…

samsung s10e | android enthusiast | Tech blogger