can my motherboard run windows 11

can my motherboard run windows 11 i am using a 5600g and the Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 ATX AM4 Motherboard if it cant would there be any way to make it work and if it can how can i enable tpm 

Yes it can, but as a early adapter of windows 11 I would recommend sticking with windows 10 for now. 11 is full of bugs, for now wait till they sort it out. I can't do reinstall due to work until summer but the first chance I have I'm getting rid off windows 11 

23 minutes ago, LpoolTech said:

Yes it can, but as a early adapter of windows 11 I would recommend sticking with windows 10 for now. 11 is full of bugs, for now wait till they sort it out. I can't do reinstall due to work until summer but the first chance I have I'm getting rid off windows 11 

Even though you are probably mostly correct, I've had like no real issues with Windows 11 and I've experienced just as many bugs on Windows 10 as I have on 11 now. To me, there's almost no difference at all. IMO, if you have an ultrawide HDR monitor, I think Windows 11 is a must have - again, IMO hehe. 

I don't notice any more bugs on 11 compared to previous versions. 

1 hour ago, Tomberry said:

can my motherboard run windows 11 i am using a 5600g and the Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 ATX AM4 Motherboard if it cant would there be any way to make it work and if it can how can i enable tpm 

It will work and there are (should be) two ways to enable Windows 11 requirements if they are currently disabled. You can enable them your self in the UEFI or you can update BIOS if there are updates that enable the settings by default.

4 hours ago, LpoolTech said:

ive been running it on my laptop for a while now and i have had no issues

just to check the issues with ryzen in windows 11 have been fixed?

4 hours ago, BetteBalterZen said:

Even though you are probably mostly correct, I've had like no real issues with Windows 11 and I've experienced just as many bugs on Windows 10 as I have on 11 now. To me, there's almost no difference at all. IMO, if you have an ultrawide HDR monitor, I think Windows 11 is a must have - again, IMO hehe. 

but you have an intel cpu...

ryzen still seems to suffer from "tpm stutters"... *

actually im just remembering there was a similar problem in w10 where you had to use "standby memory killers" ... that also took several years to get fixed (depending on motherboard mostly, I guess)

But yeah, currently I wouldn't want to deal with any of this when my motherboard on w10 just got fixed last year!  

*edit: that said, couldn't one just turn off the tpm? Probably but who knows what issues that brings,  some games already won't start without tpm enabled (its true purpose,  more pain in the ass DRM lol)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

but you have an intel cpu...

ryzen still seems to suffer from "tpm stutters"... *

Ah right, yes I do use a 8700K. Maybe it is worse on AMD still. So good point, I guess. 🙂

Or you can purchase the GC-TPM2.0_S module to plug into the TPM header in your mobo and forgo the fTPM and its associated stuttering issues. There are some precautions needed to be taken before making the change from fTPM do dTPM such as disable TPM-backed encryption systems, like BitLocker Drive Encryption, and make sure to back up your system’s data. I did that with two of my ASUS motherboards and have no stuttering issues and the TPM module was only around $20 each.

Edit - it appears as though your mobo has the new BIOS with AGESA 1.2.0.7 that may fix the stuttering issue in firmware rather than requiring a discrete TPM. Might be worth a try if you are set on moving onto Win11.

My experiences with Win11 of 4 different Windows machines have been positive.