Cheapest power supply for i5 12400 with 3060ti

ezio313
Go to solution Solved by Tegneren,

The PSU tier list is also a good guide

Hi, pick me the cheapest power supply that will get the job done for this build:

I5 12400f

3060 ti

1tb ssd

B660 Mobo

Case RGB 4 fans

16gb ram

I have good experience with thermal take bronze se series, used it for 5 years with no issues.

https://ayoubcomputers.com/psu-power-supply/?sort=priceasc&page=1

PS: 

I found

cooler master g700 gold for 100$

Thermaltake smart se series 630w for 70$

Cooler master MWE 550w bronze for 60$

what country are you in cus what might be a good deal here in the uk might not be where you live. also never cheap out on your psu. for your specs you need at least 650 w and 80+ bronze is a must and 80+ gold is a nice to have.

1 hour ago, Tomberry said:

what country are you in cus what might be a good deal here in the uk might not be where you live. also never cheap out on your psu. for your specs you need at least 650 w and 80+ bronze is a must and 80+ gold is a nice to have.

I live in Lebanon. I see,I was considering the thermaltake smart se series 630w, I used the Thermaltake SE series for 5 years on my older build with no issues. Does Gold power supply have better protection or extend the life of components? Or it's just better power draw?

I found

cooler master g700 gold for 100$

Thermaltake smart se series 630w for 70$

Cooler master MWE 550w bronze for 60$

I'm sure that my PC won't draw more than 400w at full load.

48 minutes ago, ezio313 said:

Does Gold power supply have better protection or extend the life of components? Or it's just better power draw?

The 80+ rating (bronse, gold etc.) ONLY tells about the efficiency of the model, meaning how much of the power it draws from the wall are wasted in heat. It doesn't say anything about the quality, other than for the higher ratings they need higher quality on some of the components to get there. That does however not prevent them from using trash components on other critical parts, or bad build quality.

Personally I wouldn't buy anything below gold rating today, but the most important thing is to check for reviews on the unit.

And dont go for the cheap ones, a bad PSU can take other components with them when they fail, or in worst case cause a fire

7aeb444a29e8d913c8fd51fc22cebb20.gif?aut

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

58 minutes ago, Tegneren said:

Thanks man,I needed this,it contains and rank all models..

1 hour ago, Tegneren said:

The 80+ rating (bronse, gold etc.) ONLY tells about the efficiency of the model, meaning how much of the power it draws from the wall are wasted in heat. It doesn't say anything about the quality, other than for the higher ratings they need higher quality on some of the components to get there. That does however not prevent them from using trash components on other critical parts, or bad build quality.

Personally I wouldn't buy anything below gold rating today, but the most important thing is to check for reviews on the unit.

And dont go for the cheap ones, a bad PSU can take other components with them when they fail, or in worst case cause a fire

7aeb444a29e8d913c8fd51fc22cebb20.gif?aut

How to know the quality of build then, through brand? 

1 minute ago, ezio313 said:

Through professional reviews...? How do you know if a CPU, GPU, case etc is good?

:)

8 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Through professional reviews...? How do you know if a CPU, GPU, case etc is good?

I'm stuck between choosing Cougar Gx-s 650 W (75$) and msi mpg a650gf 650w(95$). Both are gold. However in the tier list, msi is A tier while cougar is B tier 

8 minutes ago, ezio313 said:

What @seon123said. 

Some brands are generally trusted to be solid, like Seasonic and Corsair, but no one is magic and even the best can and will fail

9 minutes ago, ezio313 said:

I'm stuck between choosing Cougar Gx-s 650 W (75$) and msi mpg a650gf 650w(95$). Both are gold. However in the tier list, msi is A tier while cougar is B tier 

For a low-end non-critical system or you if dont do any extreme overclocking, a B or even C-tier will be fine in most cases.

4 minutes ago, Tegneren said:

For a low-end non-critical system or you if dont do any extreme overclocking, a B or even C-tier will be fine in most cases.

What's the definition of non critical system. I will get an i512400 with 3060ti,will use it mostly for gaming

1 minute ago, ezio313 said:

What's the definition of non critical system. I will get an i512400 with 3060ti,will use it mostly for gaming

With critical I mean systems that you cant afford downtime on, like if your or others livelihood are in danger if its not working.

A gaming system dont qualify😉