Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Raijintek ophion evo - can't cool components

Hello, I can't cool my PC. I have a Raijintek ophion evo with glass panels. 

Components: 
NZXT Kraken 240mm

Ryzen 3700X

RTX 3070 ti

Here is how I setup the fans:

At the radiator I have one fan set as exhaust and one as intake. The fan that is exhausting is right where the GPU exhausts it's hot air. And the intake fan is to provide cool air for the rad and the gpu. The bottom fan is set as exhaust.

However when I run cinebench and furmark at the same time, the CPU shoots up to 95C and the GPU around 90C. The CPU clocks down to around 3.2GHZ to keep cool. The GPU stays at base clock.

How am I supposed to cool this thing? I also added extra standoffs to the side panels to make the gap larger, but it doesn't help much. 

cooling.png

34 minutes ago, anagpo said:

Components: 
NZXT Kraken 240mm

Ryzen 3700X

RTX 3070 ti

At the radiator I have one fan set as exhaust and one as intake. The fan that is exhausting is right where the GPU exhausts it's hot air. And the intake fan is to provide cool air for the rad and the gpu. The bottom fan is set as exhaust.

However when I run cinebench and furmark at the same time, the CPU shoots up to 95C and the GPU around 90C. The CPU clocks down to around 3.2GHZ to keep cool. The GPU stays at base clock.

How am I supposed to cool this thing? I also added extra standoffs to the side panels to make the gap larger, but it doesn't help much. 

cooling.png

It’s pretty rare to do opposing fans on the same side.  The problem is the exiting hot air just gets pulled into the cold air intake on the outside and the reverse on the inside. You get a little doughnut of air that does nothing. If you want to run a 1 in 2 out heavy negative pressure system like that the sop would be two out on top with one in at the bottom and special care with what is under the case.  I usually put such things on bricks myself, though that’s likely overkill.  If the case has good long feet it will probably be fine with just those on anything but carpet.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

31 minutes ago, anagpo said:

Components: 
NZXT Kraken 240mm

Ryzen 3700X

RTX 3070 ti

cooling.png

I would go for an intake at the bottom and two exhausts at the top. With how you have it set up, you are fighting against the natural flow of warm air because it wants to go up but you also try to force it down

4 hours ago, DreamCat04 said:

I would go for an intake at the bottom and two exhausts at the top. With how you have it set up, you are fighting against the natural flow of warm air because it wants to go up but you also try to force it down

The problem with that one as I understand while it does happen it’s so slow that if a fan is in the equation it might as well not exist.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Hello, I made following modifications: I configured the two top fans as exhaust and the bottom as intake. I printed new feet to raise the case 1 cm. I configured a fan curve. Now everything works fine. The fans are quiet during gaming, and while stress testing it doesn't throttle, but the fans ramp up and it gets loud. But that's fine since I just game on it