Motherboard won't boot with two ram sticks and running Core 2 duo e8400 running at 1.12ghz.

I have a very old PC with dual core and ddr2 ram but I use it to play DOTA 2. Few weeks ago my MOBO died and I bought new one, it's from unknown brand named GEONIX.

The problem is that now I can't boot my PC with two RAM sticks and CPU running at 1.12ghz. Tried BIOS but there is nothing to fix it.

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (21).png

Screenshot (11).png

Screenshot (6).png

The motherboard uses the i915 chipset, which didn't support Core 2 Duo processors, at least at the start. Some manufacturers modified the BIOS to support the processors.  

The first that officially supports Core 2 Duo would be 945 chipset, which also added "official" support for 667 Mhz DDR2 and SATA 3 gbps  among other things.

My guess is your motherboard doesn't recognize the CPU, so it defaults to 133 Mhz x 9 = 1200 Mhz as can be seen in your last picture. 

The RAM seems to run at 666 Mhz (  2 x 333 Mhz ) so that's good... make sure both sticks can run at 667 Mhz otherwise you may have to go in BIOS and force the stick to run at 533 Mhz (2x266 Mhz) and after a reboot, shut down and add the 2nd stick. 

If still not working, try each stick at a time.. it could be one stick is actually faulty. Try a known working stick in each slot, that way you'll know if the slot is faulty.. Look with your eyes inside the slot and see if all pins are looking good.

You can try to clean the slots by sliding a piece of paper between the pins in the slot - cut a piece of regular  copier paper, fold it 2-4 times until it's thick enough then slide it across the length of the DDR2 slot a few times - the surface of the paper is abrasive and will clean the pins inside the slot from oxides and dirt and crap.

Clean the contacts of your memory stick as well .. a regular pencil eraser works well.  

41 minutes ago, mariushm said:

The motherboard uses the i915 chipset, which didn't support Core 2 Duo processors, at least at the start. Some manufacturers modified the BIOS to support the processors.  

The first that officially supports Core 2 Duo would be 945 chipset, which also added "official" support for 667 Mhz DDR2 and SATA 3 gbps  among other things.

My guess is your motherboard doesn't recognize the CPU, so it defaults to 133 Mhz x 9 = 1200 Mhz as can be seen in your last picture. 

The RAM seems to run at 666 Mhz (  2 x 333 Mhz ) so that's good... make sure both sticks can run at 667 Mhz otherwise you may have to go in BIOS and force the stick to run at 533 Mhz (2x266 Mhz) and after a reboot, shut down and add the 2nd stick. 

If still not working, try each stick at a time.. it could be one stick is actually faulty. Try a known working stick in each slot, that way you'll know if the slot is faulty.. Look with your eyes inside the slot and see if all pins are looking good.

You can try to clean the slots by sliding a piece of paper between the pins in the slot - cut a piece of regular  copier paper, fold it 2-4 times until it's thick enough then slide it across the length of the DDR2 slot a few times - the surface of the paper is abrasive and will clean the pins inside the slot from oxides and dirt and crap.

Clean the contacts of your memory stick as well .. a regular pencil eraser works well.  

Both Ram sticks are good, tried them individually in both slots, but if I stick it together it doesn't boot just CPU fan run.

I have two other CPU, e5700 cpu but that too runs at 1.9ghz

and Pentium 4 631 which runs also 1.9ghz too.

I think it's better to get another MOBO  😞

3 minutes ago, Lenk1904 said:

I think it's better to get another MOBO  😞

You should stop wasting your money on such old stuff.

Go on eBay or some refurbished computers place local to you and get some newer stuff, some intel 2nd or 3rd generation stuff would be under $50 these days. 

eBay even has packages of cpu+motherboard+ram in some cases for cheap... you don't say your country so I don't know if you can order from eBay but maybe you have local ebay clones or used computers stores.

ex Q8300 with G41 mobo and 4 GB DDR3 about 2x as fast as your current cpu, for $20-ish and shipping : https://www.ebay.com/itm/313999047804

i5 2400 + 8 GB DDR3 and dell mobo for around $55 plus shipping, about 3.5-4x as fast pc as yours plus better integrated graphics : https://www.ebay.com/itm/203129518090

5 minutes ago, mariushm said:

You should stop wasting your money on such old stuff.

Go on eBay or some refurbished computers place local to you and get some newer stuff, some intel 2nd or 3rd generation stuff would be under $50 these days. 

eBay even has packages of cpu+motherboard+ram in some cases for cheap... you don't say your country so I don't know if you can order from eBay but maybe you have local ebay clones or used computers stores.

ex Q8300 with G41 mobo and 4 GB DDR3 about 2x as fast as your current cpu, for $20-ish and shipping : https://www.ebay.com/itm/313999047804

i5 2400 + 8 GB DDR3 and dell mobo for around $55 plus shipping, about 3.5-4x as fast pc as yours plus better integrated graphics : https://www.ebay.com/itm/203129518090

TY for the links, I'm saving money to build a new pc in i3 12100/f might take 5-6 months. I wanted to fix it so I can play for few more months before upgrading.

It's better to leave it I guess..TY for the fast replies