New build after 10 year

Budget (including currency):  RM7300

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Multi Client emulator Nox

Other details Rarely upgrade my build, right now using i5 2nd gen 16gb ram, gpu gtx1050 only, gonna change to ddr5 soon, wanna ask if all the parts are OK to go with? Thanks in advance to those who commenting. ( All these parts add up is RM7320

Screenshot_20220519_110905_com.android.chrome_edit_929386545769644.jpg

Change CPU and motherboard to 12400F and B660. DDR4 should be cheaper too and right now there's not really any reason to get DDR5. Use that saved money on a 3060 (Ti), 6600 XT, 6650 XT, 6700 XT or 6750 XT. Yes the 12700F will make a difference, but GPU is more noticeable.

Also the 980 Pro is usually very expensive. Usually an SN570 or P2 is more than enough

A Z690 is a bit pointless with a non-K CPU, but other than that... it’s a quite powerful CPU for that GPU, but i don’t really know what is needed for your workload 

18 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

Change CPU and motherboard to 12400F and B660. DDR4 should be cheaper too and right now there's not really any reason to get DDR5. Use that saved money on a 3060 (Ti), 6600 XT, 6650 XT, 6700 XT or 6750 XT. Yes the 12700F will make a difference, but GPU is more noticeable.

Also the 980 Pro is usually very expensive. Usually an SN570 or P2 is more than enough

I change pc once in 10 year so thinking ddr5 will last me longer? The mobile game i play on emulator need more cpu core n ram.( FOR MULTI CLIENT )

The shop building for me doesnt have sn570, they have sn850 which sell for same price with 980pro at RM699.

48 minutes ago, _Omega_ said:

A Z690 is a bit pointless with a non-K CPU, but other than that... it’s a quite powerful CPU for that GPU, but i don’t really know what is needed for your workload 

This is the cheapest ddr5 mobo i can find here.

18 minutes ago, JamesBoond said:

I change pc once in 10 year so thinking ddr5 will last me longer? The mobile game i play on emulator need more cpu core n ram.( FOR MULTI CLIENT )

The shop building for me doesnt have sn570, they have sn850 which sell for same price with 980pro at RM699.

This is the cheapest ddr5 mobo i can find here.

honistly just build it your self or buy parts and give it to them separatly.

25 minutes ago, JamesBoond said:

DDR5 is not ready yet imo, at least not now. It's like buying DDR4 2133mhz in 2015, it wasn't much different at the time from DDR3 and now we run at least 3200mhz which is noticeably faster.

What about SN550? Do you have a link to the store you're buying from?

10 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

DDR5 is not ready yet imo, at least not now. It's like buying DDR4 2133mhz in 2015, it wasn't much different at the time from DDR3 and now we run at least 3200mhz which is noticeably faster.

What about SN550? Do you have a link to the store you're buying from?

Yes agree on the ddr5 nt yet ready part, but atleast i can upgrade nxt time when its getting 'cheaper n fast'? Ddr4 cant upgrade anymore.

Weird, cant paste link. U can google idealtech.com.my.

25 minutes ago, Tomberry said:

honistly just build it your self or buy parts and give it to them separatly.

After watch countless of linus tech tips i still doesnt have the confident to do it with my jiggly finger, last i try to clean cpu fan, i end up break some part, haha.

21 minutes ago, JamesBoond said:

Yes agree on the ddr5 nt yet ready part, but atleast i can upgrade nxt time when its getting 'cheaper n fast'? Ddr4 cant upgrade anymore.

In the short run it will only be more expensive and in the long run it wouldn't really matter. If you buy a DDR4 board for let's say $150 now with a DDR4 RAM kit of $60, it will be cheaper than a DDR5 kit of $150 with a DDR5 board of $150. And once you're upgrading you'll probably spend about $100 again on RAM and $100 on a DDR5 board if you haven't bought it, assuming that's what prices will be like in the future. You will save $10 if you buy DDR5 now and upgrade later, without even knowing if 12th gen will be able to handle higher frequencies and lower timings of future DDR5.

What about this? Not sure if you can see it with the link so I added a screenshot

https://build.idealtech.com.my/builder/show.php?serial=0RC4FSL5

image.png.c079c8e30326c9d9af1690ed62769606.png

45 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

In the short run it will only be more expensive and in the long run it wouldn't really matter. If you buy a DDR4 board for let's say $150 now with a DDR4 RAM kit of $60, it will be cheaper than a DDR5 kit of $150 with a DDR5 board of $150. And once you're upgrading you'll probably spend about $100 again on RAM and $100 on a DDR5 board if you haven't bought it, assuming that's what prices will be like in the future. You will save $10 if you buy DDR5 now and upgrade later, without even knowing if 12th gen will be able to handle higher frequencies and lower timings of future DDR5.

What about this? Not sure if you can see it with the link so I added a screenshot

https://build.idealtech.com.my/builder/show.php?serial=0RC4FSL5

image.png.c079c8e30326c9d9af1690ed62769606.png

Heya thanks for help me look into it

So now its about

i5 DDR4 16GB RAM RTX3070 TI 

(RM6602 # 1400USD )

VS

i7 DDR5 32GB RAM RTX3050

(RM7320 # 1660USD)

Wish i can put a poll here haha

4 hours ago, JamesBoond said:

After watch countless of linus tech tips i still doesnt have the confident to do it with my jiggly finger, last i try to clean cpu fan, i end up break some part, haha.

i built my first pc at 13 with no prior experience no help and just a youtube vidio have not had any issues with that pc been running it for about a year now. ask the shop if you can supply them with some parts tho thats what i would do if i did not want to build it my self 

3 hours ago, JamesBoond said:

Heya thanks for help me look into it

So now its about

i5 DDR4 16GB RAM RTX3070 TI 

(RM6602 # 1400USD )

VS

i7 DDR5 32GB RAM RTX3050

(RM7320 # 1660USD)

Wish i can put a poll here haha

Imo if you arent gonna upgrade for awhile id suggest a 12700(f)/5700x w 32gb ram cause gpus get outdated fast and youll likely be upgrading the gpu anyway, maybe settle for a 6600(xt) or 3060(ti) instead

I recommend switching to a b660 or h670 for your board. You do not need overclocking on that CPU. You will save about 100 bucks and you can use that to get a better GPU (3060ti). I also would say if you are set on that board you should buy the 12700K then and get a bigger gpu to avoid a BN. It is just not worth it to spend that much on a board you won't use.

14 hours ago, Admiral Thrawn said:

I recommend switching to a b660 or h670 for your board. You do not need overclocking on that CPU. You will save about 100 bucks and you can use that to get a better GPU (3060ti). I also would say if you are set on that board you should buy the 12700K then and get a bigger gpu to avoid a BN. It is just not worth it to spend that much on a board you won't use.

Hi! Yes after read ur comment i went  check, they do have b660 ddr5! I wonder why few days back nver saw this, saved ard 70usd, manage to increase gpu to 3060, not ti tho as ti need extra 213usd compared to non ti . 

17 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Imo if you arent gonna upgrade for awhile id suggest a 12700(f)/5700x w 32gb ram cause gpus get outdated fast and youll likely be upgrading the gpu anyway, maybe settle for a 6600(xt) or 3060(ti) instead

Okay, i also prefer more p core since i play alot multi client mobile games on nox player

7 hours ago, JamesBoond said:

Hi! Yes after read ur comment i went  check, they do have b660 ddr5! I wonder why few days back nver saw this, saved ard 70usd, manage to increase gpu to 3060, not ti tho as ti need extra 213usd compared to non ti . 

Okay, i also prefer more p core since i play alot multi client mobile games on nox player

That's awesome. Happy you could find what you needed!