Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cooling performance for Cosair H100i Elite Capellix

MelloWasTaken

I have a 5800x with a 240 AIO h100i Elite Capellix. I have it front mounted in a Lian-li o11 Mini Air, and why CPU temps are normally around 75C when gaming. During Cinebench r20, the temps used to stay around 86C few weeks ago, now its goes to 90C. It could be because the ambient is higher, but I am just worried that the AIO is not performing like it should. I have the fan curve quite aggressive, where if the coolant temp reaches 39C, the fan is spinning at 85%. 

I understand that these are normal temps for 5800x, but I feel like the AIO is not performing well. 

With Ryzen chips in particular, you don't want to measure temperatures, you want to measure frequency, because the boost algorithms have a temp target and adjust clock speed and voltage to keep it there. You will see a difference in clock speed well before you see a difference in temperature. 

Plus, the 5800X is a hard chip to cool. It's not that it produces a lot of heat, but that the heat it generates is from a very small area and that the Ryzen silicon has a high thermal resistance. Even on a custom loop with thick 360s, these temps are what I'd expect. 

Clockspeeds?

Voltages?

If pbo isnt doing ludicrous boosts to your cpu then try remounting the aio and repasting to see if that helps

H100i is still supposed to perform decently well, ofc not as good as a liquid freezer but still pretty good

32 minutes ago, MelloWasTaken said:

I have a 5800x with a 240 AIO h100i Elite Capellix. I have it front mounted in a Lian-li o11 Mini Air, and why CPU temps are normally around 75C when gaming. During Cinebench r20, the temps used to stay around 86C few weeks ago, now its goes to 90C. It could be because the ambient is higher, but I am just worried that the AIO is not performing like it should. I have the fan curve quite aggressive, where if the coolant temp reaches 39C, the fan is spinning at 85%. 

I understand that these are normal temps for 5800x, but I feel like the AIO is not performing well. 

The stock ML series fans are sh!t (way too loud). Replaced the ones on my h100i pro xt with phanteks T30. The 5800x3d averages around 75c in my lian li q58 itx with a 3080 ti inside, granted if I had the ac on. No ac (higher ambient) it peaks at 90c+ in warzone 😂

10 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

With Ryzen chips in particular, you don't want to measure temperatures, you want to measure frequency, because the boost algorithms have a temp target and adjust clock speed and voltage to keep it there. You will see a difference in clock speed well before you see a difference in temperature. 

Plus, the 5800X is a hard chip to cool. It's not that it produces a lot of heat, but that the heat it generates is from a very small area and that the Ryzen silicon has a high thermal resistance. Even on a custom loop with thick 360s, these temps are what I'd expect. 

My CPU tends to run at 4.8 GHZ when gaming. I just expected to have a cooler temps with a front mounted AIO. 

1 minute ago, MelloWasTaken said:

My CPU tends to run at 4.8 GHZ when gaming. I just expected to have a cooler temps with a front mounted AIO. 

Thanks to pbo, that's just not gonna happen on any sort of mortal cooling

11 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Clockspeeds?

Voltages?

If pbo isnt doing ludicrous boosts to your cpu then try remounting the aio and repasting to see if that helps

H100i is still supposed to perform decently well, ofc not as good as a liquid freezer but still pretty good

The CPU is at stock settings, and PBO is set at auto. The cooler is only a month old, so I doubt repasting would make a difference. I can only front mount the AIO, as I don't have enough clearance for a top mounted AIO. 

Just now, RONOTHAN## said:

Thanks to pbo, that's just not gonna happen on any sort of mortal cooling

Alright, thanks for putting my mind at ease. I knew that PBO is aggressive with the 5 series chip, but I didn't expect it would produce this much heat. 

11 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Is this the same with 5900x ????

Or 5900x differ from 5800x??

5 minutes ago, Achilles777 said:

Is this the same with 5900x ????

Or 5900x differ from 5800x??

5900x is a bit less thermally dense so temps will be a little lower, but the same general principles apply

They don’t mind the heat too much. They thermally trip somewhere around 105c or so. Maybe 110 😄

been there a few times 🤘🏻

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Frost Commander 140 || AMD R5 5600X | Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT
Asus Strix B550-XE | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200C14 || Asus Strix B550-F | 16GB Adata shitstix 3200C16
EVGA RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 Ultra | WD SN850, 2x SN750 || EVGA GTX 980 Classified | 2x Intel 545S, 1TB Black
Seasonic Prime GX-750 | Fractal Design Meshify C || EVGA Supernova 750 | Fractal Design Define R4

1 hour ago, freeagent said:

They don’t mind the heat too much. They thermally trip somewhere around 105c or so. Maybe 110 😄

been there a few times 🤘🏻

Not exactly. If you set the multiplier manually, TJMax is ~110C. If you leave everything on auto, TJMax is 95C instead. 

11 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Not exactly. If you set the multiplier manually, TJMax is ~110C. If you leave everything on auto, TJMax is 95C instead. 

Yup that was with the multi set to x47 🤌🏻

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Frost Commander 140 || AMD R5 5600X | Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT
Asus Strix B550-XE | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200C14 || Asus Strix B550-F | 16GB Adata shitstix 3200C16
EVGA RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 Ultra | WD SN850, 2x SN750 || EVGA GTX 980 Classified | 2x Intel 545S, 1TB Black
Seasonic Prime GX-750 | Fractal Design Meshify C || EVGA Supernova 750 | Fractal Design Define R4