Have to choose between to windows 7 when booting

Poddarn

Hey!

A few days a ago i installed windows 7 on a hardrive which later were going to be used on a nother computer, but now when i boot my pc i have to choose between to windows which is getting quite annoying, how do i remove it?

Hi, boot up windows 7 and open Start menu and type msconfig into search bar and press enter. After that will pop up windows dialog where you need to select Boot tab and remove unwanted record from boot list. Be careful and remove correct record.

P.S It isn't good thing to install OS on hdd and later use it as boot drive for other PC (if I understood correct)

Passionate indie android developer

Delete the partition I think, I think its safe, but not if you delete Ubuntu from a windows machine...I know that's bad...from experience :(

Give easybcd a shot. It is a nice graphical way to manage your boot entries. With it you just need to go to "edit boot settings" and delete the windows 7 option that is no longer needed

I have found that the best practice for installing a second OS on a different HDD for any reason, is to unplug the data connector from your primary HDD during installation. This prevents boot menus being installed by the OS. After the second OS is installed you can reconnect the primary drive, and during boot press F12 (or whatever key is used by your BIOS) to select which drive to boot to. Most modern systems have this option listed when it shows which button to use to enter BIOS (or setup). If you don't have a shortcut key to select boot device, you would have to enter BIOS and change the boot order to switch between drives.

Run -> msconfig -> Select boot tab -> Delete unwanted OS from boot loader.