'Most of bang of ur buck' 1440p 144hz 27inch non curved monitor

test5186

xiaomi 27inch 1440p.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

14 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

xiaomi 27inch 1440p.

Dats totally unexpected. Will check it out

8 minutes ago, test5186 said:

Dats totally unexpected. Will check it out

yeah i hope you can easily import it from china, if you don't have local retailers. it's basically a hidden gem nobody's talking about.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

First off, a bit strange to get a 3080 and then settle for a "back for buck" option. Don't waste your high-end GPU on a mediocre monitor. The MSI MAG274QRF-QD is a great choice. If it's still too expensive, then the LG 27GL83A-B is currently a good option under $300.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

6 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

First off, a bit strange to get a 3080 and then settle for a "back for buck" option. Don't waste your high-end GPU on a mediocre monitor. The MSI MAG274QRF-QD is a great choice. If it's still too expensive, then the LG 27GL83A-B is currently a good option under $300.

The LG better than the xiaomi? 

12 minutes ago, test5186 said:

The LG better than the xiaomi? 

I can't say because i haven't seen enough reviews of the Xaiomi to make up my mind about it. Previous options from them were decent value but never the best in anything.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

$400 + transport costs from China is not worth it. Although there are not tons of "XMMNT27HQ" reviews out there, most say it's good, but not stand out good.
27GL83A is the best value option for sure, it's under $300 and probably not noticeably  worse than Xiaomi.

I edit my posts more often than not

I have recently gone through this thought process. Best "bang for buck" is hard to define as your priorities may be different to the next person and the prices you can get the monitor at can fluctuate with sales.

It's also hard because technology for these screens is evolving but you will probably struggle to find one monitor that will tick all your boxes.

All this said I can describe my process as it may work for you.

I started creating a spreadsheet table. First few columns listed the make and model number, this shortlist came from local suppliers that I could buy from. I had columns for things I wanted to compare: G-Sync (including which version), SRGB gamut, HDR capabilities, panel type. You can include anything you want to compare on. Need tilt/swivel, want USB or speakers? Put them in your table. I was then able to shortlist a few monitors. From here I read the reviews and got the scores from https://www.rtings.com/monitor. If they didn't have the monitor I would look for other reviewers, but theirs are done in a consistent manner. From there I added columns for the five key scores and then used colour scales to work out which ones had the higher averages. From here compare the ones you have on your shortlist to the price... You can figure out where you are willing to settle, and what features you want to invest in.

I hope this helps.