Radiator mount in the bottom of the case

Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

The idea is to not have the pump be the highest point in the system, rather than specifically not being above the radiator.

In the case of custom water cooling, you typically have a seperate reservoir, so as long as that is above the pump, you'll be fine.

Hello

i have a question 
The right way to mount the aio radiator
Is to keep the pump in a pisition below the rad so the air bubles dont stuck in the pump 
But the question is 
In custom water cooling 
Is the same idea is a must??
What if i place the rad in the bottom of the case ?
Would that be a problem
Cause i think the difference is here the pump is below the reservoir and i think there will not be a problem 
Or am i missing something?????

The idea is to not have the pump be the highest point in the system, rather than specifically not being above the radiator.

In the case of custom water cooling, you typically have a seperate reservoir, so as long as that is above the pump, you'll be fine.

2 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Yes i guessed so

But is there a chance that air accumulate

In the   cpu block since now its the highest

Point of the loop?

Would that be a problem

An interfere with cpu cooling???  

1 minute ago, Achilles777 said:

Yes i guessed so

Point of the loop?

Would that be a problem

Not if you bleed the system properly to get rid of air bubbles/pockets.

23 minutes ago, Achilles777 said:

Yes i guessed so

Point of the loop?

Would that be a problem

This is more of a problem with permanently sealed cooling items such as AIO. Because any air bubbles in one of those can't get out. Like you correctly said in your OP.

For a custom loop you bleed the system while filling the loop and for some time after. Since you can leave the reservoir or a bleed port open, any excess air trapped will eventually make it's way out. Running the pump at full tilt for a while helps as well, just make sure the reservoir is not so full that you cause a flash flood. I underestimated the pump strength in a loop I built not long ago, and evacuated some coolant from the reservoir by mistake while bleeding the loop. 😉

There are good tutorials out there for bleeding a custom loop. Well worth taking a look at one.

1 hour ago, Achilles777 said:

Yes i guessed so

Point of the loop?

Would that be a problem

No.  Air bubbles are more of a cosmetic thing than an actual "problem".  

The only exception is if you have a very large loop and a pump that isn't powerful enough, you may end up with not enough flow for large air pockets to get cleared.   Or if you have like an upside down radiator (fittings at the bottom), there's probably always going to be air in it no matter what.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

1 hour ago, AnonymousGuy said:

No.  Air bubbles are more of a cosmetic thing than an actual "problem".  

The only exception is if you have a very large loop and a pump that isn't powerful enough, you may end up with not enough flow for large air pockets to get cleared.   Or if you have like an upside down radiator (fittings at the bottom), there's probably always going to be air in it no matter what.

Thats what i intend 

I will fit my radiator in the bottom of the case

And am just wondering if the bubbles that will accumulate in the cpu block would interfere with the cpu cooling or not???? 

1 hour ago, Achilles777 said:

And am just wondering if the bubbles that will accumulate in the cpu block would interfere with the cpu cooling or not???? 

no.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)