Questions About Using My Speaker With The Wii U...

This should definitely be an interesting 1... If anyone remembers, a few months back --[Approximately, but I don't remember exactly how long it's been.]-- I made a few posts regarding my console setup. Now, I'm at an interesting situation to say the least.

Due to how small my room is, I can't have a TV in here as much as I want to for my consoles. But, using my gaming monitor for my consoles isn't too big of a deal anyway. My monitor is the MSI Optix MPG27CQ btw. However, the topic of today is using my speaker [The LG UltraGear GP9] with the Wii U. So far, I have it hooked up to the monitor via HDMI & I managed to get the Gamepad connected & get the console itself onto my WiFi network. Now as far as how I would need to use the Wii U with the speaker is simple: have HDMI going to the monitor for both video & audio. But since the speaker itself does NOT have an HDMI port, that means I somehow have to split the video & audio. When I chatted with a Gamestop agent about this a little while ago, he said running HDMI to the monitor & then connecting the speaker to my monitor via a 3.5 mm audio cable would work, but I'm not quite so sure given that I've never done this before.

As far as this method above goes, since it hasn't worked so far, is there like a setting on the Wii U I need to change in order to get sound out via the speaker? 🤔 If it won't work that way, then should connect the included usb cable to the Wii U...? [I'm not sure if that's what I need to do here.] Nonetheless, I'm sort of confused & at a loss for words & I would highly appreciate it if I can chat about this with someone who is experienced enough & can help! 👍 And if there's a different solution I need to implement which hasn't occurred to me yet, the feel free to let me know!

If I ended up forgetting anything or if you need anymore details, please don't hesitate to ask & I will be sure to answer back!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out with this! 🙂

Edited by Kjennings92

Your monitor have a headphone output. Which should work with a 3.5mm jack cable to your speaker. Just make sure you turn up the headphone volume on the monitor

9 minutes ago, Pandur said:

Your monitor have a headphone output. Which should work with a 3.5mm jack cable to your speaker. Just make sure you turn up the headphone volume on the monitor

Right. Guess I forgot to mention that the monitor does have a 3.5 mm headphone jack. However, the times I have used my headphones connected it, there isn't really any noticeable way to turn up the volume other than going to your taskbar & doing it that way OR via popping into the Windows settings. But, I stated clearly that I'm wanting to use the speaker hooked up this way to the monitor for the Wii U. So I'm not entirely sure if doing/using it this way means there is a setting or something I need to change or tweak on the Wii U. If it simply WON'T work this way, then I'll need a different solution.

Actually I am mistaken. That speaker have a 3.5mm AUX output. Not line in.

Your input alternatives are Bluetooth, Optical and Usb C. The Wii U does not support any of these. Your monitor does not have any of these outputs either.

The quick and dirty solution would probably be a 3.5mm (or RCA) to optical adapter. Take audio from your monitor headphone out and convert it to an optical signal to feed your speaker. Or the same thing with a bluetooth transmitter, but the latency is more likely to be dreadful.

11 minutes ago, Pandur said:

Actually I am mistaken. That speaker have a 3.5mm AUX output. Not line in.

Your input alternatives are Bluetooth, Optical and Usb C. The Wii U does not support any of these. Your monitor does not have any of these outputs either.

The quick and dirty solution would probably be a 3.5mm (or RCA) to optical adapter. Take audio from your monitor headphone out and convert it to an optical signal to feed your speaker. Or the same thing with a bluetooth transmitter, but the latency is more likely to be dreadful.

Yeah, the speaker has what's called Auxiliary Out as well as the headphone jack. But regarding the included USB Type-A to C cable- would it work the way I'm wanting if I were to plug it into any of the USB ports on the Wii U? 🤔

1 minute ago, Kjennings92 said:

Yeah, the speaker has what's called Auxiliary Out as well as the headphone jack. But regarding the included USB Type-A to C cable- would it work the way I'm wanting if I were to plug it into any of the USB ports on the Wii U? 🤔

No, the Wii U does not support USB audio

18 minutes ago, Pandur said:

No, the Wii U does not support USB audio

OK. Now I saw my other options. Does the Wii I have Bluetooth support by chance? 🤔 Cause if it does, I'm not sure if it will be able to connect to the speaker or not...

4 minutes ago, Kjennings92 said:

OK. Now I saw my other options. Does the Wii I have Bluetooth support by chance? 🤔 Cause if it does, I'm not sure if it will be able to connect to the speaker or not...

If it did, I would have suggested that instead of: 🙂

6 minutes ago, Pandur said:

If it did, I would have suggested that instead of: 🙂

Alright. I guess I can try in a little, but just wanted to be sure.