Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Motherboard Error Please enter setup to recover bios setting. When raid configuration was built.....

Hello everyone 

I facing an issue where my motherboard tell me "Please enter setup to recover bios setting.
When raid configuration was built, ensure to set sata configuration to raid mode.
Press f1 to run setup."

with this error the only way to boot into windows is by boot overide, and my bios settings never get saved (ram oc profile and pbo2 profile), whenever i set my ram xmp profile one my pc just turns on and off around 4-5 times and proceeds to show the same error listed above. 

I have tried the exact same components on another motherboard and they work, and the xmp profile was sucessfully enabled.

I have never configured raid mode on my pc and the steps i took inorder to solve this issue without avail are as follows: 

1. Clear cmos

2. replace mobo battery 

3. reinstalled windows 11

4. rma'd my motherboard for a new one (not a refurbished unit )

5. same components on a different mobo (xmp profile worked) 

My initial thoughts were something wrong with the sodimmm.2 nvme card that comes with this motheboard but since getting a new motherboard didnt fix this i dont know what to do now. 

I need some help with this issue. 

My build :

Asus x570 crosshair impact viii

5900x 

3090 fe 

32 gb (2x16) trident z neo 3600mhz cl16

If any more info is needed please ask. 

thank you !

Edit : Bios is updated to the latest version availble on the asus support site

8 minutes ago, rockman_ali said:

sodimmm.2 nvme

why not use the regular m.2 slot?

try upgrading the bios.

Ryzen 3600 @ 4.5ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | Radeon RX580 | 2x Samsung 16gb c-die 2666 @ 3600mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 9 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

8 minutes ago, rockman_ali said:

whenever i set my ram xmp profile one my pc just turns on and off around 4-5 times and proceeds to show the same error listed above. 

This usually means memory training failed. I am not the best expert on tuning Ryzen and memory. But I would probably try to give soc voltage a little nudge with your xmp settings. For comparison I need 1.15v to SOC to be stable at 3800MHz CL16 with Trident Z Royal 2x16GB. So you shouldn't need that much.

Oh and what SupaKomputa said, make sure your bios is updated.

7 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Because there isn't one. They are both on the sodimm card. What may look like another slot, is the audio card according to the manual.

9 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

try upgrading the bios.

this board only comes with m.2 slots on that card not the board itself. bios is the latest version btw

9myb didnt inlcude that info)