Odd Ram/Game Performance Issues on Acer AN515 Laptop

so, the short version is recently afer reinstalling windows 10 after finding out the oculus app just.... hated 11, i started running into issues when it came to running vr games through said app (note: i had very minimal problems before this point). eventually, one of my friends told me that this computer had another ram slot and i thought "oh ok cool, i'll just grab another 8G stick and double my ram. if nothing else, i'll have more ram for things like minecraft"

this is where the big problem starts

ever since i got that stick of ram, my pc's been acting.... weird. minecraft simply refuses to load with mods, games like postal 4 and gmod have been giving me 'out of memory' issues, and my computer, physically speaking, always runs like it has a game open (think something on the scale of like black mesa or the new lego star wars)

after off and on searching for a solution, someone in a discord server told me that maybe it was due to the stock ram not really working well with the 'crucial' ram i ordered (something about different sticks having different clock speeds, etc.) so then i thought "okay, i'll just get another crucial stick." since i figured that was easier than trying to play matchmaker with the stock stick

stick comes, i install it, problem still persists.

one possible theory i *may* have is, since the one who told me about ram speeds said a computer runs based on the slowest stick, so maybe the crucial sticks are just too slow? but even still, the crashes act like i dont have enough ram in the first place so i dont fully know on that one.

any help on this is greatly appreciated!!

SPECS

ACER NItro AN515-54
NVIDIA GeForce GTX1650
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40GHz 
2x Crucial 260-Pin DDR4 SO-DIMM DDR4 2666 (PC4 21300) Laptop Memory Model

Windows 10 X64