LCD Monitor only displaying white screen

kane480

I just encountered a strange problem with my monitor, the screen suddenly went completely white. It's not my computer or the GPU, my second monitor works fine, also the problem persists even when the monitor isn't plugged into anything. I tried unplugging the power for a couple minutes (I've had this work with a couple TV's in the past), but it made no difference. The menu is not accessible either and doesn't display the input type in the top corner when you turn it on either, strangely though it will go back to my brightness settings. I'm thinking it's dead, but I'd hate to throw it away if it's fixable. It's an Acer by the way, don't know what model, just that it's 1080p 144hz LCD.

Intel i7-6700k - 4.7GHz; Corsair Hydro Series H110i GT; 2 x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM; MSI Z170A GAMING M3; G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4; Asus 2070 Super; 2 x Mushkin Enhanced Reactor 256GB - RAID 0; HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200 RPMThermaltake Level 10 GT;  EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 PS 80+ PLATINUM 1000W

Either the panel or the control board inside the monitor is dead. Such a repair is typically more expensive than buying a comparable montior new. (If you can even find the parts)

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Damn, that's what I was afraid of, but totally expected. Thanks for replying.

Intel i7-6700k - 4.7GHz; Corsair Hydro Series H110i GT; 2 x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM; MSI Z170A GAMING M3; G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4; Asus 2070 Super; 2 x Mushkin Enhanced Reactor 256GB - RAID 0; HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200 RPMThermaltake Level 10 GT;  EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 PS 80+ PLATINUM 1000W