Help optimizing and checking *bang for the buck* 3080 Mini ITX Build

MOBO : MSI B450I Gaming Plus Max WIFI
CPU : AMD 5600x
RAM : 3200mhz Crucial Ballistix 2x8gb
GPU : 3080 Gigabyte GAMING OC 10GB / 3080 Colorful Advanced OC 10GB
CPU COOLER : Thermalright PA120SE
CASE FAN : Artic p12x2 (top fans) + Artic slim p12x2 (bottom fans) + Artic p9 (rear fan)
FAN HUB : Thermaltake Commander FP
SSD: WD SN570 1tb
CASE : NR200P
PSU : TBC (SFX gold 750+)

*Couldn't get any scythe cpu cooler from where i am
*Probably could work without fan hub but it just around $10 for me
*3600x is just few dollars more expensive than the 3600 for me
*Went with B450 cause it is pretty much confirm that the next gen ryzen gonna use a different socket
*Saw on youtube that 3600x doesn't bottleneck the 3080 (10-20fps diff with 5600x)

You could go for a more generic kit of memory from someone else instead that should work just as well. That's the only thing I'd see to change though, and don't know enough about SFX PSUs to suggest anything better for them. 

I would not recommend Corsair DDR4 kits to anyone just because how many threads I saw people having issues with them. I would highly recommend getting another set of RAMs.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

4 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

You could go for a more generic kit of memory from someone else instead that should work just as well. That's the only thing I'd see to change though, and don't know enough about SFX PSUs to suggest anything better for them. 

just updated it again

3 minutes ago, Levent said:

I would not recommend Corsair DDR4 kits to anyone just because how many threads I saw people having issues with them. I would highly recommend getting another set of RAMs.

ok changed it to Crucial Ballistix

6 minutes ago, test5186 said:

just updated it again

Don't go 3600X over 5600X. It's 20% slower in everything, and that 10-20FPS figure is quite a bit. That's the difference between a 3070 Ti and a 3080, so if you want to drop down, you might as well drop down the GPU as well. Plus, you're already spending ~$800-900 on a GPU, what's $50 more for the 5600X anyway. It just doesn't make sense to drop it down. Stepping down to a B450 board is fine, realistically there isn't that much benefit to a Gen 4 link anyway, especially since in a SFF system you're likely to have to use a PCIe riser included with the case, and IIRC the NR200 comes with a Gen 3 riser anyway. I'd still want a B550 board, but as long as you get one with half decent rear IO it doesn't really matter all that much. 

Still, stepping down the CPU makes no sense. 

16 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Don't go 3600X over 5600X. It's 20% slower in everything, and that 10-20FPS figure is quite a bit. That's the difference between a 3070 Ti and a 3080, so if you want to drop down, you might as well drop down the GPU as well. Plus, you're already spending ~$800-900 on a GPU, what's $50 more for the 5600X anyway. It just doesn't make sense to drop it down. Stepping down to a B450 board is fine, realistically there isn't that much benefit to a Gen 4 link anyway, especially since in a SFF system you're likely to have to use a PCIe riser included with the case, and IIRC the NR200 comes with a Gen 3 riser anyway. I'd still want a B550 board, but as long as you get one with half decent rear IO it doesn't really matter all that much. 

Still, stepping down the CPU makes no sense. 

i agree. i did thought of doing b450 + 5600x BUT the board don't have usb flashback so i need to boot with another cpu (which i dont have) to update the bios before it can use the 5600x

and also for the fps. 10-20fps on 1080p. realistically at 1080p 3080 would be more than enough to provide 144+++++ fps consistently with max out settings. the fps reduction drop with higher resolution (1440p and 4k)

8 minutes ago, test5186 said:

realistically at 1080p 3080 would be more than enough to provide 144+++++ fps consistently with max out settings.

A 3060 Ti is more than enough to provide that level of performance. A 3080 and a 3600X just doesn't make any sense in a system like this, especially if you're just gonna be running 1080P. Save your money and get something that actually make sense. If you're running a 3080, you should at least be going for 1080P 240Hz or 1440P 144Hz, and ideally 1440P 240Hz or 4K. For anything lower than that, that card is being wasted and you should put your money towards something else, more games, better peripherals, spare system, etc. 

11 minutes ago, test5186 said:

i did thought of doing b450 + 5600x BUT the board don't have usb flashback so i need to boot with another cpu (which i dont have) to update the bios before it can use the 5600x

2 things.

1. Any board made within the past year and a half will support the 5600X out of the box. The odds of that board sitting on the shelf for over a year and a half are astronomically low
  2. Even if it didn't, AMD has a loaner CPU program where you can get a CPU to update the BIOS with then ship it back. 

22 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

A 3060 Ti is more than enough to provide that level of performance. A 3080 and a 3600X just doesn't make any sense in a system like this, especially if you're just gonna be running 1080P. Save your money and get something that actually make sense. If you're running a 3080, you should at least be going for 1080P 240Hz or 1440P 144Hz, and ideally 1440P 240Hz or 4K. For anything lower than that, that card is being wasted and you should put your money towards something else, more games, better peripherals, spare system, etc. 

2 things.

1. Any board made within the past year and a half will support the 5600X out of the box. The odds of that board sitting on the shelf for over a year and a half are astronomically low
  2. Even if it didn't, AMD has a loaner CPU program where you can get a CPU to update the BIOS with then ship it back. 

i am gonna run it on 1440p.

i will trust u and get the 5600x then 🙂 thx.

1 hour ago, test5186 said:

FAN HUB : Deepcool FH10 fan hub

Looks like a reskinned chinese 2-3$ generic molex hub, i have one myself and it is supposedly capable of pwm control tho idk where the hell the wire for that is

Pretty sure just a fancy fan splitter hub (non powered) would also work fine since you dont have that many fans and they dont seem to draw much current either, also smaller than a powered hub, i also have one of those for whatever reason, never really used my fan hubs cause i was a noob and impulse bought them for a system that clearly didnt need a fan hub but they may see some use in the near future if i decide to get a buck boost converter for fan overvolting (safe for cheapo fans cause ive even heard of some cheap fans being able to run 30v, even then theyre like 1-2$ each)

MOBO : MSI B450I Gaming Plus Max WIFI

Look on the used market for an itx b450 board, they seem to be pretty tough to sell since not that many ppl go itx, atleast in my area so you may be able to get a bargain or make yourself a bargain (just bartering with sellers and see if you can knock down asking price). You may also consider an a chipset board but i personally avoid them like the plague just because no oc features if you ever need them and b450 being the same or at a cheaper price

RAM : 3200mhz Crucial Ballistix 2x8gb

Get the cheapest 3200 cl16/3600 cl18 rans you can find, ballistix is amazing at oc for its price but basically useless when not oced so save the money

CPU : r3 3600x

Def go 5600x, there are also used 5600x so you may also consider looking at those and do some bartering

PSU : TBC (SFX gold 750+)

Sfx psus are rare but you may be able to find used sfx psus, they can be expensive but if you find a really old listing you can again do some bartering

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Looks like a reskinned chinese 2-3$ generic molex hub, i have one myself and it is supposedly capable of pwm control tho idk where the hell the wire for that is

Pretty sure just a fancy fan splitter hub (non powered) would also work fine since you dont have that many fans and they dont seem to draw much current either, also smaller than a powered hub, i also have one of those for whatever reason, never really used my fan hubs cause i was a noob and impulse bought them for a system that clearly didnt need a fan hub but they may see some use in the near future if i decide to get a buck boost converter for fan overvolting (safe for cheapo fans cause ive even heard of some cheap fans being able to run 30v, even then theyre like 1-2$ each)

Look on the used market for an itx b450 board, they seem to be pretty tough to sell since not that many ppl go itx, atleast in my area so you may be able to get a bargain or make yourself a bargain (just bartering with sellers and see if you can knock down asking price). You may also consider an a chipset board but i personally avoid them like the plague just because no oc features if you ever need them and b450 being the same or at a cheaper price

Get the cheapest 3200 cl16/3600 cl18 rans you can find, ballistix is amazing at oc for its price but basically useless when not oced so save the money

Def go 5600x, there are also used 5600x so you may also consider looking at those and do some bartering

Sfx psus are rare but you may be able to find used sfx psus, they can be expensive but if you find a really old listing you can again do some bartering

Changed to thermaltake fanhub as it looks like alot of ppl have problem with the deepcool fanhub

think i am gonna stick with ballistix cause (i am using a chinese store to order these) adata ram is the most sold ram (not a fan of adata)

thx for the feedback anyway

2 hours ago, test5186 said:

i am using a chinese store to order these

Aliexpress? Then dont since from what ive seen its just ripoffs or marked up parts

Also again ballistix is useless for non oc, you should be able to find a cheaper 3200 cl16/3600 cl18 kit with a sort by lowest feature

Btw what country?

9 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Aliexpress? Then dont since from what ive seen its just ripoffs or marked up parts

Also again ballistix is useless for non oc, you should be able to find a cheaper 3200 cl16/3600 cl18 kit with a sort by lowest feature

Btw what country?

Taobao specifically. Brunei

10 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Btw what country?

Just checked. Found klevv and hyperx ram. Both of which are still slightly more exp than crucial's

Taobao specifically. Brunei

Unsure if theres any diff between aliexpress and taobao but if you are that close to china guess its not a bad option, never touched it other than overpaying wayyyy too much for lga 775 lowend garbage for my first dumpster fire of a build

I would first recommend changing to a different company for ram. Corsair is fine but I do not use it because of MB issues and bad software. I recommend Trident Z from g-skill, or crucial ballistix.

The second thing I would stress is to look at temp charts on that card as you are putting it in a very small case. The NRP is good but tight and if that card runs too hot you will have issues. I attached a link to the TP charts on it.

https://www.eteknix.com/gigabyte-rtx-3080-gaming-oc-graphics-card-review/

What games do you plan to play? If you're a more AAA gamer, I would recommend to get more CPU horsepower because they can leverage the CPU for smoother gameplay. Also, for an ITX it would be a much bigger hassle to change out the CPU vs the GPU if you ended up wanting more CPU horsepower.

9 hours ago, Jonathan Lee said:

What games do you plan to play? If you're a more AAA gamer, I would recommend to get more CPU horsepower because they can leverage the CPU for smoother gameplay. Also, for an ITX it would be a much bigger hassle to change out the CPU vs the GPU if you ended up wanting more CPU horsepower.

What would be the next step up after 5600x? 

11 hours ago, Admiral Thrawn said:

I would first recommend changing to a different company for ram. Corsair is fine but I do not use it because of MB issues and bad software. I recommend Trident Z from g-skill, or crucial ballistix.

The second thing I would stress is to look at temp charts on that card as you are putting it in a very small case. The NRP is good but tight and if that card runs too hot you will have issues. I attached a link to the TP charts on it.

https://www.eteknix.com/gigabyte-rtx-3080-gaming-oc-graphics-card-review/

Would u recommend gigabyte over colorful? 

Yes Gigabyte has much higher QC over colorful. I have had mostly good reviews for them. Colorful is fine too but they are a bit lower quality for the price.

15 hours ago, test5186 said:

What would be the next step up after 5600x? 

5700x or 5900x if you tend to multi-task a lot